IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #21 7/16/10 1:51 AM
I thought it was a good race, not the best I've seen this year, but definitely good. I thought Windom had it, but Short got him.
Tripcrwn
  #22 7/16/10 4:52 AM
I was following updates of the Brownstown race on another thread here at IOW, when someone posted that the race was now live on the Internet. Holy Cow! Just in time for the main event and I was very excited to see Hunter on the front row. He didn't let me down as he drove a very good race finishing fifth I believe.

The Brownstown track was very impressive and I really enjoyed all of the lead changes and the three and four wide racing. Chris Nunn should continue to brag about this track as it was a great race to watch here in California on the Internet. Keep up the good work Chris and thank you to USAC for the opportunity to watch a great race! Hang in there Hunter and congratulations to Short on his victory.
throb (Offline)
  #23 7/16/10 7:10 AM
i thought the race was amazing.......the best race bar-none i have seen for a long time. brownstown reminds me of the old lawrenceburg.....kinda round, with extremly wide corners and straights.

Rob Botts
TQ29m (Online)
  #24 7/16/10 8:56 AM
Dean, if you have a wider angle lens, you might remember to bring it next time, they were so wide, you couldn't catch them all. And to the dude who thought it was just not so great, you don't have your hat on backwards, your head is screwed on wrong! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Wingman (Offline)
  #25 7/16/10 9:17 AM
Great night of racing! I have not figured out of Brady just found grip or saved his tires in the end. Heats were outstanding!

Chris-Kudos to your group for getting that show in case of threatning weather. I would much rather see a slick track feature than no feature at all. I hope Brownstown gets awarded a date next year. I will be there!
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #26 7/16/10 9:24 AM
I agree with throb, it almost felt as if you were sitting at the Old Burg. I like the present Burg but do miss the old one sometimes. Old Burg never had straights that long, it was almost as if they were going in a circle.
LittleRube (Offline)
  #27 7/16/10 10:14 AM
There's a little dyno don in all of us!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #28 7/16/10 10:20 AM
It was a rare thing when the old burg slicked that you seen anything more than the huggy pole. There wasn't that off the track action like Brady put on. Brady was way above the rim down the front and completely off the track on the back straight.

I like the New Burg better due to the speed but the tires and power cars are using today, Way to often it slicked off.

Seen troy link in one of those slickies though come from about 13th to 3rd. Course the car is 300 pds heavier as was Beibers

Charles Nungester
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #29 7/16/10 10:33 AM
My 7 year old watched for a while and said "They aren't going very fast." I had to laugh a little. I told him he was right, but that it was still a good, competitive race. I prefer a faster track, but even a slick track is better if there are multiple grooves. Way to go hurrying up and getting it in.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
The Riz (Offline)
  #30 7/16/10 11:59 AM
Great race! Anyone know what happened to Memmer?