IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Greg Staab Q&A on Hoseheads.com
3/8/09, 6:48 AM   #21
Re: Greg Staab Q&A on Hoseheads.com
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post

This is new management and the new management is on the chip about making the old cars work.

Of course the new management is 100% about business. They won't hang on to a series that gets 16 cars a race forever.

The survival of this series lie strictly on the car owners at this point.
USAC screwed those same car owners over by mandating the New Generation chassis. Those core car owners got pissed and don't support it. It's strictly on USAC to fix the problems that USAC created, not the car owners.

Quote:
They need to get over it.
Isn't that a great way to try and mend fences: We (USAC) pissed you off, forced you into new cars at a much higher price, split the series, and drove you out because of our piss poor managing style but were tellling to to get over it comeback and pledge your loyalty to USAC even though we still may finally finish killing off the Silver Crown series because we have screwed it over so much no one supports it like it use to be, so invest in cars, equipment, and get whatever sponsors you can and take on more risk.

IS USAC a government run organization? It has to be because it is the same basic pricinple that they are using to sell these bailout packages to the taxpayers.

3/8/09, 4:38 PM   #22
LEADERS EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
They need to get over it.

This is new management and the new management is on the chip about making the old cars work.

Of course the new management is 100% about business. They won't hang on to a series that gets 16 cars a race forever.

The survival of this series lie strictly on the car owners at this point.
The old car owners won't travel cross country anymore for the $hitty purses and an organization that they believe doesn't seem to care. USAC'S Nascar cash grab was a short sided look that has now cost them in the long run. Old Management or new, I think they(Owners) believe it's the same thing in new packaging.

I love the SC cars and was against the move at the time. I felt this was going to be one of the results. I never felt the new car was the right direction to go and I was afraid that once the owners quit, they wouldn't come back. I hope history will prove me wrong.

3/8/09, 6:23 PM   #23
HurstBros0

Outstanding job Kevin and Greg.... Nice picture of JR and Staab... Dad kept the jacket and let Sheldon have the t-shirt and trophy .... and about the guy who was hard to race with I will concur ... I really didn`t care for that slamming business either ....

Dan Hurst

3/8/09, 6:42 PM   #24
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
You're absolutely correct, I agree. This would be an ideal opportunity to hear the other side of the story. Patiently waiting.....
David.
I would prefer not to see any more dirty laundry lying around this message board....

3/8/09, 8:03 PM   #25
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I would prefer not to see any more dirty laundry lying around this message board....
It's kind of funny when the truth gets laid out, some want to just sweep it under the rug. What's the matter, USAC can't twist the facts enough to make them fit their agenda?

3/8/09, 9:53 PM   #26
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
It's kind of funny when the truth gets laid out, some want to just sweep it under the rug. What's the matter, USAC can't twist the facts enough to make them fit their agenda?
Sometimes the unaltered truth is hard for certain people to handle. I don't see it clearing anything up for the certain few just waiting to pounce on any chance to bash USAC...

Greg Staab is a great guy, and it's always a joy to see him around the track. I'm happy to see him when I get the chance. Looking forward to setting aside the time to read the whole Q&A...

3/8/09, 11:36 PM   #27
turn4

"Sometimes"

3/9/09, 5:41 AM   #28
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Sometimes the unaltered truth is hard for certain people to handle. I don't see it clearing anything up for the certain few just waiting to pounce on any chance to bash USAC...

Greg Staab is a great guy, and it's always a joy to see him around the track. I'm happy to see him when I get the chance. Looking forward to setting aside the time to read the whole Q&A...
Unaltered truth? So are you saying Greg Staab is "altering" things or his side of the issue is too hard for you to accept because it is the "unaltered truth"?

Why don't you tell your boys at USAC to come on here and address this issue. USAC's fearless leader Kevin Miller posts here. Let's get his side of it. This is yet again another issue that USAC has screwed up on and is failing to help it's fans understand it.

3/9/09, 8:38 AM   #29
Ovalmeister

[QUOTE=Kirk Spridgeon;91261]Sometimes the unaltered truth is hard for certain people to handle.QUOTE]

Isn't that a quote from a movie? Sounds familiar.
David.

3/9/09, 10:18 AM   #30
ShaneMugavin57

I think you guys are doing Greg a disservice by only focusing on the USAC stuff. I thought it was a great job. Yeah Greg probably got the bad end of the stick on that one but lets not let that take away from the rest. Besides What can come of rehashing it. The day Usac admits that they were wrong and beg him to come back will be the day after they call Bill and tell him to change te name of this site back to USACfans.com. It just isn't going to happen.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Greg Staab Q&A on Hoseheads.com