IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Monster Jam ( Off Topic)
1/25/09, 4:45 PM   #21
Re: Monster Jam ( Off Topic)
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

music and announcers WAY TOO loud...worst show i have even seen by the big boys...thank god for the AUTOCROSS AND DERBY and mx freestyle..REALLY REALLY NICE PLACE I GUESS.MONSTER JAM IS GETTING AS BAD AS WRESTLING....THEY KNOW WHO THE WINNER WAS BEFORE THE NIGHT EVEN STARTED...JUST ASK SOMEBODY ON THIS BOARD
Last edited by Wallsracing; 1/25/09 at 4:47 PM.

1/25/09, 4:46 PM   #22
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
That girl needs to get into a sprint car:O:.She just about beat Max-D
LOVED HER TONGUE :wink:idea:

1/25/09, 5:19 PM   #23
petey

Well guys here's more sad news from an event in Wis. over the weekend.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28835406/?GT1=43001

1/26/09, 10:39 AM   #24
worm

Heres some more http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6727878&page=1

bad deal!!

1/26/09, 11:16 AM   #25
Onlydirt

I think the show was just some bad luck with some trucks breaking at bad times....however Brutus looked to roll it on purpose if u ask me. Its awful to see the horrible accidents taking place. Kids love these shows and trucks, I dont want to see the shows go away because of such terrible accidents. I can put up with the WWE type atmosphere, they just need to stop calling it racing....

Monster Mutt's driver Candice Jolly did wheel a pretty good truck!
Last edited by Onlydirt; 1/26/09 at 11:22 AM.

1/26/09, 1:26 PM   #26

thanks for the kind words guys, i was only incharge of the autocross and derby. the head guys with monster jam jerked me around all weekend. my guys went out and put on a heck of a show. Now time to make you guys laugh, those were not street stocks, they were all purpose built demolition derby cars, that guys setup to race. crazy huh? I have a few of these races this summer at county fairs! All of my stuff was legit and honest. The other stuff i have no idea about, but watch on tv there are basically 3 trucks that always win, 3 more fill in from time to time. Only when these guys break do the other trucks get to win.

1/26/09, 5:34 PM   #27

http://www.rousepromotions.com/id5.html

pictures of the show

1/27/09, 1:16 PM   #28
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Hey JR nice to see you on this message board. I'm brad Snead's brother just dont post much anywhere any more. As stated already the derby and democross made the show. FYI i think rollover bars should be mandatory in all autocross cars.

One reason i believe the show was so lame for the monster trucks was probably because of the death of the child. the cause of his death was a peice of metal came off a broken truck and was slung into the stands. i think that is the reason why as soon as the trucks broke they shut them down. i know if you watch events from last year they never shut them down for a bent 4 link or messed up rear steering they would have let them go and put on a show. i think they were playing it safe. JMO

1/27/09, 2:46 PM   #29
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
Hey JR nice to see you on this message board. I'm brad Snead's brother just dont post much anywhere any more. As stated already the derby and democross made the show. FYI i think rollover bars should be mandatory in all autocross cars.

One reason i believe the show was so lame for the monster trucks was probably because of the death of the child. the cause of his death was a peice of metal came off a broken truck and was slung into the stands. i think that is the reason why as soon as the trucks broke they shut them down. i know if you watch events from last year they never shut them down for a bent 4 link or messed up rear steering they would have let them go and put on a show. i think they were playing it safe. JMO
I dont no if this was just me or everyone relized it.But seemed like to me all the trucks where doing donuts in the middle of the track?

1/27/09, 3:35 PM   #30
Onlydirt

THey sure did all do them in the same place. THats ok by me. I like the added safety, they did let the company truck max d get awful close to the stands when he broke doing freestyle. On the other hand, we all know its never totally safe anywhere. Anything can happen at any event. Supercross is comming up and those guys could fly into the stands if a throttle stuck very easily. The drivers need radios so they can be communicated with by the officials. THe hands signs are not a good way to go when they cant see anything close to the truck.

I second the need to beef up the roll bars on democross cars. What fairs u gonna be at? I might just have to go!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Monster Jam ( Off Topic)