IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ossuks (Online)
  #21 2/5/08 4:19 PM
Originally Posted by bigmojo5:
From Jim Morrison

Trivia question
Where was the first MSCS race, what year and who won it?
I like trivia! How many combined featuer wins do the last two MSCS champions have? How many seasons does that cover?
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #22 2/5/08 5:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
What about the USAC Midget show scheduled there, that same night? Is it a dual show or has the USAC portion been cancelled?
Mr. Miller has responded to unwise comments like mine with a very clear statement of his position on co-sanctions. For that, I thank him and I apologize for posted crap without first getting the facts.
#1SPRINTVET
  #23 2/5/08 6:23 PM
The first MSCS race was run at Brownstown, Illinois. Travis Thompson of Fairbanks,Indiana was the winner in Sam Stockon's converted asphalt Gambler with a 388 steel motor. This was Travis third night in a sprint car. Travis went on to be MSCS Rookie winner that first season.
petey (Offline)
  #24 2/5/08 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan:
I cannot help but wonder if Mr. Miller's attitude toward co-sanctions has led to the cancellation of this and other co-sanctioned midget events.
Well that's a good way to turn off some fans right off the bat isn't it?:action-smiley-049:
bigmojo5
  #25 2/5/08 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by #1SPRINTVET:
The first MSCS race was run at Brownstown, Illinois. Travis Thompson of Fairbanks,Indiana was the winner in Sam Stockon's converted asphalt Gambler with a 388 steel motor. This was Travis third night in a sprint car. Travis went on to be MSCS Rookie winner that first season.

From Jim Morrison
And the year
#1SPRINTVET
  #26 2/6/08 3:22 PM
MSCS was started in 2001. Donnie Gentry was the first point champion.