IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HOSS at Anderson-head count
10/30/10, 8:31 PM   #21
Re: HOSS at Anderson-head count
arctic monkey21

Aaron Pierce won on the last lap getting by Tim Cox out of turn 4 while they were trying to lap Jason Cox. It was a great race. Glad I decided to go at the last minute.

10/30/10, 9:05 PM   #22
Vukie

Congratulations to Jason Cox for being the 2010 Champion of the Hoosier Outlaw Sprint Series and also for being Rookie of the Year.

10/30/10, 9:52 PM   #23
Crankin

Good show!
Was wondering why there were no Thunder Roadsters? I was looking forward to seeing them run for the first time?

10/30/10, 9:53 PM   #24
staggerman

Did they have a good crowd today?

10/30/10, 9:58 PM   #25
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

A very interesting evening at Anderson Speedway. A great finish to the race with Aaron Pierce beating Tim Cox to the line with a pass off of turn 4 on the last lap. Congratulations to Jason Cox on his points championship and rookie of the year honors. I appreciate Rick Dawson taking a chance on this race and making it happen. I just wish there would have been more butts in the seats. If you weren't there, you missed a very good race.

Had the opportunity to sit with Shortbus, itsanonwingthing, Dirtfan and his better half and be entertained by numerous stories. Checker'd Past stopped by for a "short" visit as well.

I appreciated the shout from Scott Stines about the IOW board. Sorry to see the season end but just thankful for the great season of racing that we just saw. Looking forward to 2011 and hope that it will provide even better entertainment.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
10/30/10, 10:01 PM   #26
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Did they have a good crowd today?
Unfortunately no. Rick made a great call to start early and I was hoping that would help get more folks there. It didn't happen but I hope he covered expenses. Late season shows like this are risky at best for a promoter.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

10/30/10, 11:23 PM   #27
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 23
Race Count Last Year: 51

Turned out to be a pretty good show. NTR in Qualifying by Charlie Schultz in the 50m (10.2 sec.). IOW's Richie was also part of the IOW clan on hand in turn 4. Lloyd Walls was noticeably absent, but he was later spotted roaming around the track, and waving to the crowd.... I guess he was thrown out of the "Gentlemans Club"!

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, Dirtfan
10/30/10, 11:25 PM   #28
Race Poor

I was there and it was a great show. One of the best that I have seen this year from start to finish. The crowd wasn't huge, but this late in the year and with a traveling series I thought it wasn't too bad. The crowd would have looked bigger if they only opened the front grandstands, but they opened them all. I was impressed with the show and keep growing into a bigger fan of these winged pavement sprinters (yep just said that). I am usually hard on Anderson Speedway, but I appreciate the show that Rick allowed to happen and I am glad that we attended. Good job HOSS and Must See this year, keep it going!!

1 member likes this post: old timer 38
10/30/10, 11:38 PM   #29
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Checker'd Past stopped by for a "short" visit as well.
Yeah a real "short" visit I bet :2:

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/31/10, 12:19 AM   #30
Isaac Chapple Racing

Great show at Anderson tonight! I'm glad I decided to go. A big pat on the back to Rick Dawson for taking the chances on putting on a show this time of year. Great way to end the 2010 Indiana sprint car racing season. Can't wait for 2011, hopefully it will be just as good as this year or even better!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HOSS at Anderson-head count