IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Huset's, Indiana
8/24/21, 10:30 AM   #21
Re: Huset's, Indiana
toprowjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I think part of the problem is location. We were planning on going, but now am not sure if I will be able. This part of the country is big wing country. It will tale time to agree. On the other hand fan and racers say they want more high paying races. Then don't support them and pay what it takes to make it happen. $1500 to start Saturday at Kokomo. That is not bad.
Coming from Denver area I'll wait and see what the weather holds. If looking not rainy I will go and purchase General Admission tickets/don't mind paying for reserved seating but if it rains out I have to deal with refunds. That could be part of the problem many plan on going but will buy tickets at the gate

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
8/24/21, 10:52 AM   #22
Crankin

Events like these NEED to succeed for the sport to grow. USAC has had a phenomenal year, and this race should put a big exclamation point on it!
With that said. MAYBE this event should be a pay per view, even for FLO subscribers. I believe (but not a 100% sure) that Dirtvision subscribers pay extra for the Knoxville Nats., So there is no reason this should not be pay per view too.
The bulk of the spectator market is 10 hours away, and a bulk of them barely leave the state. Don't hang me for that, it's true, and that's alright. On the other side of the coin, I would bet a ton of PA fans travel to Knoxville.

Mr Wood stepped out on a BIG limb for this one, and everyone that loves this sport, should support this anyway they can..... And not complain about it. I doubt you'll ever see someone on Hoseheads say that it's too far to go to Knoxville, or the camping is too expensive, or whatever. They make it work because it's the biggest event of the season for them. This race at Husets could someday be the same thing for us because Mr. Wood took this HUGE chance at what is considered by many, the Taj Mahal of short tracks... Hell, I wanna go just to see the place! But if I can't, I would surely hand out $40 to watch it from home!
I'll now go put my eye mask on and stand by the wall.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirt330, Dirtfan, oppweld, racenut69, Rcar, tirespinner
8/24/21, 11:29 AM   #23
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Matt Wood was promoting the USAC Nationals race several of the days of the Knoxville Nationals in front of the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum. When the event was announced, my wife and I considered going, but we decided to wait and see how this first year went. We do not camp (my wife’s idea of camping is a Holiday Inn Express) and in all honesty, we had a little trouble finding information about local places to stay. I did express this to Matt Wood when he asked if we had our tickets to the event as we walked out of the Museum, and he said he needed to include a link to local hotels if he has the event next year. Although we are on a fixed income, I am not opposed to paying a somewhat higher ticket price IF the facility and competition is worth it AND the payout to the racers is higher. Hopefully, Matt Wood gives this event a chance to grow, although it sounds like it may be off to a rough start this year.
All of these deals start out rough. Just ask Kevin Gundaker.

3 members like this post: oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
8/24/21, 1:09 PM   #24
racenut69

You and Dan have a good time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
We are making a week long vacation out of it. Going to visit the sights of SD early in the week then make our way back east to hit up the three night race. Agree it’s a long haul for fans and drivers. We hope it’s successful!!

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, wildman92
8/24/21, 1:37 PM   #25
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Maybe somewhere a little more centrally located like Oskaloosa would be better for fans and car count. Not too many non-wing 410’s or their fans anywhere close to Sioux Falls.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/24/21, 2:09 PM   #26
revjimk

Wish I could go, hope it succeeds
Sparsely populated area, not sure how much support there is for Wingless there, doubt if they've seen much of it. If I was still in Denver, I might give it a shot, but still probably a 12 hr. drive....

8/24/21, 2:11 PM   #27
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Wish I could go, hope it succeeds
Sparsely populated area, not sure how much support there is for Wingless there, doubt if they've seen much of it. If I was still in Denver, I might give it a shot, but still probably a 12 hr. drive....
I just checked, 10.5 hrs. driving time.... but a man's gotta eat & pee

8/24/21, 2:36 PM   #28
Jcpelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamati View Post
The price for camping would make me think twice, Thats pricey for no hookups.
Do what I'm doing, drag a race car with you and you get to camp for free all weekend. You could also tear up a bunch of equipment like I will probably be doing too.

8/24/21, 8:23 PM   #29
Sausage

There is a KOA also just off I90 not far from the track as well.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
8/24/21, 9:48 PM   #30
Jonr

OK My memory is a little vague, but didn’t the owner that rebranded the track The Badlands have a USAC sprint/midget double header? I thought that the race was a success because he scheduled it for the next year before he took his ball home.

I realize that he was throwing money around at every thing and was using the track as a draw for his pawn/gun range/rock show complex. His opinion on a successful show may differ from most.

Everyone is acting like USAC has never been to this track which is not true.

2 members like this post: motorhead748, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Huset's, Indiana