Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Speeddrome
4/4/09, 12:14 AM   #21
Re: Speeddrome
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
Duke...Bloom is talking about the HOSS Series at Salem and Winchester in regard to the 160 and 170 mph. Anyone who knows Jeff Bloom..knows he will tell you what he thinks.

The Speedrome track is larger than the RCA Dome track was.

I saw the AVSS race at the Speedrome firsthand..and I saw a clean race with passing that was interesting.

Jack Calabrase was our race director at the RCA Dome...and he was the AVSS director at the Speedrome in 2000. My decision to run HOSS at the Speedrome is based on that influence. Both events worked.
I KNOW AND RESPECT JEFF BUT THEY DON'T RUN 160 OR 170 MPH THERE! ON THE MILE DIRT TRACKS LIKE SPRINGFIELD ILL. THE CHAMP DIRT CARS WHERE FASTER THEN THE WOO CARS BY 10 MPH ON THE STRIGHTAWAYS!!:checkered:

4/4/09, 12:33 AM   #22
micro94

Just in my own defense guys I wasnt saying that pile up ever happened.I was just saying what I THOUGHT might happen.Not saying it ever did.I didnt see the show that HOSS ran before so I dont know.It just seems like a awful little track to me.Sorry to misguide you Tony.Im not by any means saying dont try it that it will never be a good show.It may be.Wings do a great deal for sprint cars on pavement and I hope it works out.Just wanted to clear the air here.Not saying its not possible.Sorry for any mixup in my post.

4/4/09, 11:31 AM   #23
Bruce Harrison

A few seasons back I attended an AVSS show at Salem. Why he was there I do not know, but a Washington Co. Sheriff's car was sitting inside turn 3 and clocking cars with his radar. Got several 150+ mph readings that night. 170 might be stretching it a little, but I do know they hauled it that night!

4/4/09, 7:43 PM   #24
JakeMoore

I believe Cameron Dodsons world record time at winchester saw him at 180 at the end of the back stretch...remember they are 410s, on pavement, not lifting at the baddest track in the nation. I saw it and i believe it.

4/4/09, 8:32 PM   #25
SteveE

I'd have that radar gun checked.

4/4/09, 10:35 PM   #26
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMoore View Post
I believe Cameron Dodsons world record time at winchester saw him at 180 at the end of the back stretch...remember they are 410s, on pavement, not lifting at the baddest track in the nation. I saw it and i believe it.
WHAT WAS HIS TIME? 18 SEC. IS 100 MPH ON A HALF MILE!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING??????????????:kookoo:rolling

4/5/09, 2:48 AM   #27
cabjr111

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduke View Post
what was his time? 18 sec. Is 100 mph on a half mile!!!!!!!!!! What are you smoking??????????????:kookoo:rolling
13.539 132.949mph

4/5/09, 8:06 AM   #28
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMoore View Post
NOT LIFTING?????????? WOW!:kookoo:headbang

4/5/09, 8:38 AM   #29
hogan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
I KNOW AND RESPECT JEFF BUT THEY DON'T RUN 160 OR 170 MPH THERE! ON THE MILE DIRT TRACKS LIKE SPRINGFIELD ILL. THE CHAMP DIRT CARS WHERE FASTER THEN THE WOO CARS BY 10 MPH ON THE STRIGHTAWAYS!!:checkered:
Yeah right DUD. Thats what you for buying a radar gun from Walmart.

4/5/09, 8:57 AM   #30
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
Yeah right DUD. Thats what you for buying a radar gun from Walmart.
***?:moon::moon::kookoo

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Speeddrome