IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #11 10/15/16 10:34 AM
It is race day!!!!

Racing starts at 4:00 Eastern time.

CDL DRIVERS YOUR FREE!!!! Thats right Pro Fleet Transport will be at the front gate handing out FREE passes to anyone providing a valid CDL. Pro Fleet the leading transport company is a proud supporter of short track racing and the South Bend Motor Speedway.

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
Markdąy (Offline)
  #12 10/16/16 7:12 PM
How many car did you have
sdsacr (Offline)
  #13 10/16/16 10:54 PM
Their FB page said 11 cars
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #14 10/16/16 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by sdsacr:
Their FB page said 11 cars
We was pleased with the turn out we have been averaging between 15 to 17 cars at Grundy County Speedway. This series was just put together as a joint deal in early August. We was able to have 7 races scheduled and ran 6 races because of one rain out at Grundy.

The race we just had was originally scheduled to take place at M40 then the promoter switched it to South Bend. Then on Thursday night I got the call that the race was canceled. I went to work fast and reached out to the Tony Eldridge at South Bend Speedway and less than 15 minutes later we was able to revive our race. Due to all of the changes that was out of our control we lost a few drivers but we still put on a great show and I would like to thank Tony and the entire staff at South Bend Speedway for picking up the entire show. They could have easily said oh well it is out of our hands since we had leased the track out and this was not our show. Instead they took the chance of losing lots of money to give all of the teams and drivers the race they had prepared for and put so much time and effort into.

It is my guess they came up very short since the fan turn out was very small.

Raced at Kalamazoo Speedway, Grundy County, Rockford and South Bend.

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
2 Likes: jdull99, Task Force