IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo ISW
7/10/16, 2:14 AM   #11
flagboy55

I surely don't have any complaints and congratulations to Kyle and his crew on a well deserved win. Cautions were too plentiful tonight but that happens sometimes. I hated to see hunter% get caught up in that mess. As I saw it he was going forward and would love to see where he would have ended up. Had it not been for some of the incidents we might have had 10 cars battling for the win. As always kokomo delivers another dandy!

6 members like this post: br549, BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, Eatin Dirt, speed bump, tirespinner
7/10/16, 4:02 AM   #12
Re: Kokomo ISW
fish

Last edited by fish; 7/10/16 at 4:04 AM.

7/10/16, 10:01 AM   #13
br549

Great stuff all night way to go Kyle you beat the best at my favorite track. Now off to another great place.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, wildman92
7/10/16, 1:15 PM   #14
Jerry Shaw

What really isn't being mentioned is what put Kyle in a position to challenge for the win. His qualification run. It was late in the session and times were starting to slow down some. Clauson went out a few before him and was second quick, but that's Bryan Clauson, one of the great qualifiers in USAC history. And one who has won at Kokomo many times. Kyle rolled out last and laid down a lap that didn't really look all that smooth, he was sideways quite a bit and when the time was announced, he had replaced BC in the runnerup position. There were quite a few people around the pit grandstand, where I was standing who's basic reaction to that lap was "Wow!" They knew they had just seen a driver go out there, lay it on the line in a big way and deliver when he needed to.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/10/16 at 2:14 PM.

4 members like this post: fish, Rpracing1, team3521, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo ISW