IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No live streaming video?
4/18/16, 6:34 PM   #11
Re: No live streaming video?
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

I don't care what anyone says. Being there is the only satisfying way to enjoy racing.

Chuck
Agree 100%
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4/18/16, 6:40 PM   #12
DirttrackFan62

is this just daughtery and would this affect other tracks in the state like someone said I have not seen nothing on this from the website and facebook can someone let us know what is going on and where this came from I know you can not get out from there hope someone can get us the true information

4/18/16, 8:04 PM   #13
Blueracer123

I did not take a photo of the sign sorry. I saw some other drivers and pages posted a picture of the sign on Facebook.

4/18/16, 8:21 PM   #14
Blueracer123

Found it on Hurst racecars Facebook page.
Attached Images
FB_IMG_1461025204325.jpg (90.6 KB, 83 views)

1 member likes this post: DirttrackFan62
4/18/16, 8:24 PM   #15
Avon Open Wheel fan

Maybe it is time to take a poll on here. How many people really looks to see if someone is going to stream a race live as a part of their decision to attend a race or not. Then ask what other factors they look at like having to work, not enough money, medical reasons or just too far away to attend.

www.illinimidgets.com

3 members like this post: DirttrackFan62, jjones752, tirespinner
4/18/16, 9:01 PM   #16
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Lincoln Speedway in PA did something like this with fans video taping races a few years ago. With cell phone technology it's almost impossible to enforce.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/19/16, 1:51 AM   #17
Scott Daloisio

A couple weeks ago in England, the powers that be of speedway motorcycle racing announced that any fans caught streaming would be banned from all speedway events in country. Tough to enforce keeping them out of all tracks, but they are concerned enough to warn of such consequences.

1 member likes this post: GYATK94
4/19/16, 1:54 AM   #18
Scott Daloisio

By the way, there are other reasons besides fans staying home and watching streams or videos that tracks try to ban such actions.

4/19/16, 7:45 AM   #19
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
By the way, there are other reasons besides fans staying home and watching streams or videos that tracks try to ban such actions.
I would imagine the promoter from the speedway track we ride wouldn't want anything live streamed, then everyone would know the dangerous piece of crap we had to ride on. (not saying at all that the Ill. track isn't fine)
Be thankful that you don't have to race at a track with zero paid track workers where the promoter shows up at the track 1 hour before the races and figures on doing two weeks work in that hour. Then instead of watering the track at all during the week, he'll be standing on the track with a garden hose while your trying to race. Yep professionalism at its finest.
got into a bit of a rant there.

4/19/16, 9:51 AM   #20
Daddyz

I'm curious, how are they supposed to tell the difference between 'live streaming' and just plain old recording? We tend to take on board GoPro footage and record from the stands for 'game film'. We usually post the GoPro footage on Youtube but occasionally post both.

Granted, we use an 'old fashioned' video camera but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't streaming- and if we elected to use a phone or tablet, it wouldn't mean we were...

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No live streaming video?