IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-8/14
8/5/15, 9:15 PM   #11
Joltin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
Sorry about that... it was 4AM when I typed that up. I just tweaked it to say any 16" RR. Make it simple. Thanks for pointing that out.
IMO it should be any 16" or 17" tires. Hoosier is the only one that has 16" RRs. If you go to 17" that lets people with Hoosier DT3s or Amarican Racer MC2 or 3s be able to use them.

1 member likes this post: Spi-nex
8/5/15, 9:38 PM   #12
Re: Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-
chop

I will be there to watch the show. But the question to ask is how many sprint cars want to race on a 5/8 track for that amount of money. Also be able to travel to get there on a Friday. Its a big track. I know I have raced on it. Not trying to be a$$ about this, but that is the real question. When they 1st opened the track they ran both LM and sprints weekly. I have not seen a LM race there this year, but hear the numbers are down. How many times in Michigan on a sat night has SOD, Butler and MTS, when they all are racing have 25 cars each? In the state of Michigan, how many racing sprint cars are left?

8/5/15, 10:19 PM   #13
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
I will be there to watch the show. But the question to ask is how many sprint cars want to race on a 5/8 track for that amount of money. Also be able to travel to get there on a Friday. Its a big track. I know I have raced on it. Not trying to be a$$ about this, but that is the real question. When they 1st opened the track they ran both LM and sprints weekly. I have not seen a LM race there this year, but hear the numbers are down. How many times in Michigan on a sat night has SOD, Butler and MTS, when they all are racing have 25 cars each? In the state of Michigan, how many racing sprint cars are left?
The size of the track is also another thing we are looking at for 2016.

It's a gamble for sure on this deal. Allstars promised us 22 of their regulars and we got 10 a few weeks ago. I don't promise or pretend to expect things when it comes to car counts. I've seen WAY too many places do that and get bit. We will do our best with advertising and see what we can come up with. Either way we will crank out a fast efficient program and make it worth both fans and drivers time.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
8/5/15, 10:26 PM   #14
MIracing

Quote:

It's a gamble for sure on this deal. Allstars promised us 22 of their regulars and we got 10 a few weeks ago. I don't promise or pretend to expect things when it comes to car counts. I've seen WAY too many places do that and get bit. We will do our best with advertising and see what we can come up with. Either way we will crank out a fast efficient program and make it worth both fans and drivers time.
I was surprised at the low numbers for the All Star show. I am hopeful more local teams will give this show a try. For the all stars it was a pretty big gamble for a low budget team. Buy an expensive tire, tethers, travel and hope to make the show and probably still come out in the hole. Here they get to run tires they already have, they don't need anything additional and more than likely will be able to be competitive.

1 member likes this post: Spi-nex
8/9/15, 11:03 PM   #15
MTS

Mts non wing will be 1000 to win 300 to start. Open hoosier rr other corners open yo any brand

1 member likes this post: duel
8/10/15, 12:06 AM   #16
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:

Carious to what you mean by size of track is another thing we are looking at for 2016?
Possible re-shaping track - Making track smaller?

8/10/15, 1:55 AM   #17
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Carious to what you mean by size of track is another thing we are looking at for 2016?
Possible re-shaping track - Making track smaller?
Well. I don't think making the track BIGGER would be very feasible....

5 members like this post: Can26, dkdorkboy, fish, K9Racer, nathans1012
8/10/15, 6:37 AM   #18
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Well. I don't think making the track BIGGER would be very feasible....
Thanks for that hint of what might be done. Would help car count if it is done and made smaller.

8/10/15, 10:20 AM   #19
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Thanks for that hint of what might be done. Would help car count if it is done and made smaller.
Nothing has been decided yet at this point.

8/10/15, 11:40 AM   #20
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

I think if they DOWNSIZE Hartford it will be a very sad day.. That is the only real track left in the state..They have totally killed I-96..My grandfather help Steve Clark build that place and at one time was the place to race..Now because a few whine about it some BOZO reworks the thing and now the only big track left in the state is Hartford..Yes it is big..Yes it can be costly (and if you crash REAL costly) yes it can eat motors.. But I thought a lot of this go into racing to go fast and scare the hell out of ourselves..When that place gets and stay tacky hold on and hold your breath it is going to be a great night.

1 member likes this post: duel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-8/14