IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Traction Control
10/6/14, 8:44 PM   #11
Re: Traction Control
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Bill would often remove a thread that got out of line somewhere. Or remove all the post after a certain point. Respect Shonda's wishes.

9 members like this post: bn kleen, bowbuild, captrat, DAD, davidm, fish, jim goerge, PJ Wright, scottyCbus
10/6/14, 8:57 PM   #12
2HWrench

Mrs. G's wishes have never come into question.

10/6/14, 9:12 PM   #13
badcoupe

Maybe I shouldn't have posted easy ways to make your own lol

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/6/14, 10:25 PM   #14
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have posted easy ways to make your own lol
Bad

All that gobbly goop just confused me and gave me a head ache. Don't do us any favors.

Honest Dad himself

10/6/14, 11:06 PM   #15
flagboy55

I did not see the beginning of this post but i have to voice my thoughts in general on reaction control. #1 if you don't think it's out there in some form you need to wake up and pay attention. #2 there is nothing that needs to be banned more than traction control. Should be policed more than any other aspect of dirt racing

10/6/14, 11:24 PM   #16
Slider20

Well obviously it's out there. It's just no one wants to bring it up...no one can afford to tech ignition boxes, and to hunt down external devices on cars/and in the stands on a NIGHTLY basis. So it's viewed as a myth or rumor, and many just look away because it is extremely hard to find proof...

10/7/14, 12:03 AM   #17
badcoupe

Maybe I should be a tech guy for ump?

1 member likes this post: Slider20
10/7/14, 12:43 AM   #18
flagboy55

It can be policed and at all costs should be. I talked to a friend who was at a recent racing industry show and said there was at least 2 booths set up selling traction control. I'm no genius, but Ray Charles could see that Modifieds running with nearly as much horse power as late models with half the tire that don't get out of shape, obviously got something going on

1 member likes this post: smith19
10/7/14, 8:33 AM   #19
Cjax6x

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I did not see the beginning of this post but i have to voice my thoughts in general on reaction control. #1 if you don't think it's out there in some form you need to wake up and pay attention. #2 there is nothing that needs to be banned more than traction control. Should be policed more than any other aspect of dirt racing
Basically the post that got deleted was about Gilpin getting busted with traction control by UMP Friday after hot laps at Eldora.
Last edited by Cjax6x; 10/7/14 at 8:35 AM.

1 member likes this post: Luvdirtracing
10/7/14, 9:20 AM   #20
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjax6x View Post
Basically the post that got deleted was about Gilpin getting busted with traction control by UMP Friday after hot laps at Eldora.
In fact I think it was rumor only, I made a call to a friend that was one of 8 UMP officials there that night, He told me that he had heard nothing about any traction control controversy from any of his fellow officials. I have known this man for many years and can vouch for his integrity, If he says something it is true. I know the Fleetwoods, we have never been the best of friends, but when somebody starts throwing mud at them and it is unfounded in my book it is time to say something about it.

Why the heck don't we let this thing rest, Traction control is one of them trigger phrases, It might help some in pavement racing. Racing on dirt one of the drivers more used steering options is his feet, both right and left if you take away that option with traction control he is less of a driver.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: bn kleen, dshort36
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Traction Control