IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
rclaridge (Offline)
  #11 8/24/14 6:26 PM
Hope the racing is great tonght, wish I could have stayed but that just wasn't gonna work out, but you won't hear me complaining about be the rain date I knew exactly what could happen when I made the decision to take the camper up on Wednesday.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, dickster, dirt_trackgurl006, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, PIT CART, racing2bwithu2, speed bump
DICNJAN (Offline)
  #12 8/24/14 10:59 PM
4 great days of racing ..to get 3 shows in ....thanks to the guys and gals....don't know how you pulled this off ..with all that rain..
It was a blast for us fans ...lets do it again next weekend...lol
2 Likes: rachasin, racing2bwithu2
retired14 (Offline)
  #13 8/25/14 8:08 AM
With all the effort the O'Conners put forth this week end to make Smackdown 3 what it was,(and you had to see it to believe it), I think that they proved why Kokomo is the best damn dirt track around anywhere. Period.
16 Likes: BrentTFunk, dickster, dirt_trackgurl006, flagboy55, gtownplowboy, i love dirt track racing, I Miss Manzy, Justigit, Koonzee, LUCKYONE, Onlydirt, PutaWingonIT24, rachasin, racing2bwithu2, racinrich, speed bump
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #14 8/25/14 11:01 AM
The effort the entire staff put forth was above and beyond what you see get done at other venues. I for one appreciate what they will do to get a show in and i'm damn glad i was able to stay Sunday for the finale.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirt_trackgurl006, gtownplowboy, I Miss Manzy, LUCKYONE, racegal, racing2bwithu2, racinrich, speed bump, The Old Coyote
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #15 8/25/14 11:13 AM
I'm a silver lining guy and I left Saturday night saying "no way". Huge kudos to all involved getting that thing in. I'm still in awe.

Sidenote: king of the hill is worth 90% of my finals admission ticket!
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirt_trackgurl006, gtownplowboy, i love dirt track racing, LUCKYONE, mowerman, Onlydirt, racing2bwithu2, speed bump
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #16 8/25/14 11:14 AM
A very decent birthday present: Smackdown @Kokomo

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirt_trackgurl006, I Miss Manzy, LUCKYONE, mowerman, racegal, racing2bwithu2
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #17 8/25/14 4:41 PM
If any race fan who actually goes to Kokomo had any doubts that they are the best in the country, this weekend should have erased those doubts. Talk about above and beyond, we are so fortunate to have the O'Conner family and the rest of the staff at Kokomo. Thank you for a great Smackdown.

Frank Daigh
13 Likes: 1BIGracefan, BrentTFunk, FEATHERDUSTER, flagboy55, I Miss Manzy, Koonzee, LUCKYONE, mowerman, oldfan49, racegal, racing2bwithu2, racinrich, speed bump
PAW (Offline)
  #18 8/25/14 5:41 PM
THANK ALL OF YOU!!! Ya'll busted your Butts for four days.....

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, dirt_trackgurl006, flagboy55, LUCKYONE, Onlydirt, racing2bwithu2, speed bump
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #19 8/25/14 7:25 PM
[QUOTE=dirtnonwingfan;389816]If any race fan who actually goes to Kokomo had any doubts that they are the best in the country, this weekend should have erased those doubts. Talk about above and beyond, we are so fortunate to have the O'Conner family and the rest of the staff at Kokomo. Thank you for a great Smackdown.[/QUOT So, a 3 day show became a 4 day show. It was just that much longer to enjoy the company of good friends and make new ones! I can't add anything to what Frank said, but I have to ask, Is it legal to have that much fun?
5 Likes: 1BIGracefan, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, dirt_trackgurl006, racing2bwithu2
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #20 8/25/14 9:42 PM
I thanked two of the family members for their hard work yesterday and the response I received was smiles and actually a pat on the back thanking me for being there. I did not think there was anyway there would be racing Friday. Rain Saturday evening was horrendous on top of already wet ground. However, after the miracle they pulled off Saturday I did not doubt the O'Connors would get things ready Sunday.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, dirt_trackgurl006, i love dirt track racing, racing2bwithu2, speed bump