IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RacingNut (Offline)
  #11 8/16/14 4:54 PM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
They always say that
I like to know the last rain date they made up for this?
In 1996 it was rained out and they rescheduled it in Sept. to have along with a modified race.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #12 8/16/14 5:01 PM
Hey Jen Hows the ice cream?
wildman92 (Offline)
  #13 8/16/14 5:05 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Hey Jen Hows the ice cream?

Sam had ice cream. I chose an elephant ear. It was damn good.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
HARFprez (Offline)
  #14 8/16/14 6:09 PM
How can Anyone complain about waiting for a scheduled START time? There's a reason it's called a START TIME ! For those of you with SO much ability to micro-manage, Gas City Speedway is available for you to operate, just sayin'.
20 Likes: ajb6, BrentTFunk, ByronMack, cwfan08, dickster, dirt330, dirtyd6305, dkdorkboy, fish, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, jim goerge, Jonr, mowerman, rachasin, ronmil, Task Force, The Old Coyote, Tom23, trackprep
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #15 8/17/14 1:55 AM
They didn't expect to be able to race at all. They didn't prep the track, the fair people weren't ready to open the grandstands, and they didn't start selling tickets until well after the start of hot laps. Even people who bought tickets before hand weren't allowed in the gate even though cars were hot lapping. After getting up at 5:45 am and driving 85-90mph to get there for the first hot lap, I was thoroughly disgusted. I thought we were trying to help this series come back but once again you get inept people screwing it up. Either have the race or cancel. Don't do it half way. Sorry to criticize but why the hell wouldn't you let people in when you decided to send the cars out? Rant aside, I thank every single person who helped get things ready and the hot laps and time trials were amazing. Almost every car timed on the cushion and it was shaping up to be the best race in a long long time. They promised a rain date and if you couldn't make this one go to it. You'll see non-wing cars back it in at 150mph and there's only about 8 guys in the racing world that can do it right. I hope to see 10,000 people there. At least they can start a tad later and don't have to worry about a bunch of pre Madonna musicians kicking every one out of the pits by 4:30. I hope that concert got rained out too. Ironically, my dad told me that one year back in the 70's, he just stayed in his seat after the race to see the concert. They never kicked him out and he said a few race trailers stayed in the pits too and watched the show. People need to lighten up sometimes and just have fun. Believe it or not, we're all dying soon.
3 Likes: Indy1808, rachasin, Steve Wendel
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #16 8/17/14 2:18 AM
Awful lot of complaining for a person to tell everyone to lighten up. Just saying. Here , I'll give it a try ..... I got to spend the day with a beautiful woman that I love ! Got rained out twice at 2 different tracks and spent 6 hrs on the road doing it . I had a WONDERFUL day !! Appreciate what u have ! Yes I hope they reschedule cause I'll get to spend the day with her again !
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirt330, Indy1808
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #17 8/17/14 2:21 AM
A, You post a start time. Probably half of anyone who attends races comes within a half a hour of start time, That right there is a no win situation, You start the race, You have to cover the entire purse on top of all other expenses already paid.

B. I know if I'd traveled a couple hundred miles to get there for a 130 race and most of it was over when I got there. Id be madder than if it rained out.

C. To your credit, You went, knowing the forecast most likely.

D. Whats next, We run it Friday after advertising Saturday for months in advance, Just because there is rain in the forecast for Saturday?

E. Track Enterprises usually handles this stuff in a very professional manner and is one of the few groups willing to try to put this type show on. Being too rough on a Sh*T happens doesn't help. Check their Website monday or tuesday, Im sure they'll have something posted.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: rachasin, Task Force
PAW (Offline)
  #18 8/17/14 7:47 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
A, You post a start time. Probably half of anyone who attends races comes within a half a hour of start time, That right there is a no win situation, You start the race, You have to cover the entire purse on top of all other expenses already paid.
B. I know if I'd traveled a couple hundred miles to get there for a 130 race and most of it was over when I got there. Id be madder than if it rained out.

C. To your credit, You went, knowing the forecast most likely.

D. Whats next, We run it Friday after advertising Saturday for months in advance, Just because there is rain in the forecast for Saturday?

E. Track Enterprises usually handles this stuff in a very professional manner and is one of the few groups willing to try to put this type show on. Being too rough on a Sh*T happens doesn't help. Check their Website monday or tuesday, Im sure they'll have something posted.
Was you there,or in Ohio??

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK