IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi Lincoln/Macon Roll Call
8/15/14, 3:07 PM   #11
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Even though we live 1 minute from Bloomington Speedway, we are making the 4 hour drive to Lincoln to visit a new track for us and watch some great racing. Looking forward to it!!

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, rachasin
8/15/14, 3:45 PM   #12
Re: POWRi Lincoln/Macon Roll Call
Haulerin2deep

You will not regret it! One of the fastest midget tracks around and they put on a great show. Keep it moving and get out of there at a good time. Hope to see a full grandstand to go with the full pits that is expected.

8/15/14, 3:51 PM   #13
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Betcha come back again!!!

8/15/14, 11:25 PM   #14
wildman92

Holy smokes what a race. Powri and Illinois race tracks have got it going on. Great racing throughout the heats, semis and feature. What fun watching Clauson hold off a very hard charging Abreu and Bell. There were moments when I thought all 3 were going to dump each other yet they kept dive bombing and slide jobbing each other. Cool facility (despite no lights in the women's restroom which made things a bit tricky) and the program moved along quickly. We will for sure be back!!

8/15/14, 11:56 PM   #15
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Glad you liked it Jen. I know that Andrew keeps talking about Belleville, but the feature there last Sunday was at least as good as Lincoln tonight, and I thought it was better. Macon tomorrow night should be excellent, and I've seen great races at Jacksonville. I like Quincy as well, and that doesn't even address Granite City, home of the Gold Crown. Slide jobs there last for seconds, not feet. Partner POWRi with Illinois tracks and you have a winner most of the time. I highly recommend Illinois Midget week next year.

8/16/14, 12:56 AM   #16
Pat O'Connor Fan

Once again Kunz hogs the podium, this time at the POWRi race in Lincoln, IL. However, it was the Rusty Kunz car taking 1st while his younger brother Keith's cars took 2nd, and 3rd in the feature. The drivers of the three cars, BC and Christopher and Rico, put on a fantastic show!

8/16/14, 7:22 AM   #17
DiehardRaceFan

Race Count Last Year: 72

The top 3 put on quite a show, Hagen came from deep as did a couple of others. Overall a good night of racing.

8/16/14, 9:15 AM   #18
wildman92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Glad you liked it Jen. I know that Andrew keeps talking about Belleville, but the feature there last Sunday was at least as good as Lincoln tonight, and I thought it was better. Macon tomorrow night should be excellent, and I've seen great races at Jacksonville. I like Quincy as well, and that doesn't even address Granite City, home of the Gold Crown. Slide jobs there last for seconds, not feet. Partner POWRi with Illinois tracks and you have a winner most of the time. I highly recommend Illinois Midget week next year.

We definitely want to make plans to hit up Illinois midget week sometime.

8/16/14, 9:53 AM   #19
chathamracefan

Great racing last night. Glad Pickens is ok. That was a bad ride. The normal powri show with a $15 front gate is probably the best value in racing. They deliver a consistently great racing product.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi Lincoln/Macon Roll Call