IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
17B (Offline)
  #11 3/24/14 8:45 PM
Be sure to come introduce yourself.
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #12 3/24/14 9:54 PM
Kiss race in 2009? Really? Can someone verify this please.
17B (Offline)
  #13 3/24/14 10:07 PM
It was thec series that had the issuse with some wanting steel blocks or after market blocks..and the series faded....think it was that group, could be wrong.
Agentry10 (Offline)
  #14 3/24/14 10:18 PM
It was scora run by Sam Stockon memmer won i ran second chase stockon was 3rd it was alot fun to drive
Knoke77 (Offline)
  #15 3/25/14 3:41 PM
I ran a winged race there back in 1999. Track was pretty darn fast from what I remember. It's a long haul though but would be a good track for southern Indiana and KY racers.
ronmil (Offline)
  #16 3/25/14 3:45 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Sheldon Kinser won a USAC sprint car race there many years ago. It was sponsored by Danner's Cambridge Inns and Trolley Stop Cafeterias. I will provide the exact date when I have more time to research it. Chandler Raceway Park is mentioned in the index of the Fifty Years of USAC book, but it doesn't provide a page number.
Well, I was right and I was wrong; USAC sprint cars staged a race at Chandler Speedway on June 17, 1982, but Sheldon Kinser was not the winner. Chuck Amati won in the Daryl Tate #65A. I found the date in my record book, and consulted my USAC book for the actual race info.
So, Chandler has run some major league events on the dirt oval.

Ron Miller
ronmil (Offline)
  #17 3/27/14 2:15 PM
The June 17, 1982 race was run on a Thursday, slightly over a week after the very destructive June 8, 1982 storm which destroyed many of the stately trees in Evansville and left some homes without power for up to a month due to the service connection to the home actually being destroyed. My home was without power from Tuesday until late Saturday of that week. I know the race being run that soon after such a devastating event had to have effected attendance. I was there, and as I recall the race drew mainly the hardcore USAC fans, not the regular Friday night Chandler crowd.

Ron Miller
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #18 3/27/14 2:40 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
The June 17, 1982 race was run on a Thursday, slightly over a week after the very destructive June 8, 1982 storm which destroyed many of the stately trees in Evansville and left some homes without power for up to a month due to the service connection to the home actually being destroyed. My home was without power from Tuesday until late Saturday of that week. I know the race being run that soon after such a devastating event had to have effected attendance. I was there, and as I recall the race drew mainly the hardcore USAC fans, not the regular Friday night Chandler crowd.
Encyclopedia Ronmillertanica..........Absolutely amazing Ron...........You the man!
5 Likes: Hotshoe65s, Kellen Conover, luckybuc97, ronmil, TQ29m