IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who'll be at the Hoosier Hundred?
5/14/13, 3:55 PM   #11
Re: Who'll be at the Hoosier Hundred?
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM123 View Post
For what its worth, what a terrible move moving the race to Thur. Last year my son and I went to carb day and indy lights race then went to the Hundred it was a great day.

I hope there is a good reason they moved it, now I'm not going to either. I can't justify the 2 days off and the travel cost since I'm coming from a long way.

very sad
Surprisingly they moved it in an attempt to get more people there. They felt that the festivities at IMS were preventing people from getting over to the fairgrounds to watch it. I have made it the last few years as well (After attending carb day festivities) but will probably not be coming down at all this year either.

5/14/13, 4:01 PM   #12
groove grabber

Sounds like the Ricky Nix entry will be there with Swanson, glad to see that for both of them

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: billwill7, BrentTFunk, HardyBoysRacing, K-Dawg30
5/14/13, 6:25 PM   #13
racephoto1

I'll be there, also increasing my supply of blurry photos. Many thanks to the Hardy Boys Racing team. Shane and Casey are both great guys, and the seats you've provided them is greatly appreciated by this guy.

5/14/13, 6:42 PM   #14
BrentTFunk

I'll be there. The date actually works better for me. I don't miss a sprint race on Friday.

6 members like this post: cwfan08, interpreter66, lilrim, racephoto1, The Old Coyote
5/15/13, 12:01 AM   #15
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

The 1st Hoosier 100 was held September of 1953 and i was 11 months old, but i have been told i was there, and have been to every one ever since. A few recent years all we got to do was watch it rain, but i was there. They could hold this race on a Tuesday morning at 3 am and i would be there! I understand the out-of-towners and travelers having trouble getting an extra day vacation and not being there, but there is enough locals that we should fill the Fairgrounds. Instead of complaining about the move, we should thank our lucky stars that we have brave promoters like Bob Sergeant and his partners for saving the Hoosier 100 for us loyal race fans. They took the chances and out of their own pockets built better fences and made improvements in the track so that we can still enjoy the USAC Silver Crown cars on the Indiana Mile. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! bob

5/15/13, 10:24 AM   #16
dave

I too was there in 1953 and believe I remember, if my memory serves me correctly, Bob Sweikert, Don Freeland, Johnny Parsons Sr. and Manny Ayulo putting on a very good show all vying for the win. I think Sweikert won.

5/15/13, 11:41 AM   #17
John P Huss

I'll be there. Let's hope for great weather.
Best Regards,
John

5/15/13, 11:47 AM   #18
tntbusco

Is there a location a handicapped person can watch at least some of the track from their car?

Posted via Mobile Device

5/15/13, 11:50 AM   #19
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I'll be there, also increasing my supply of blurry photos. Many thanks to the Hardy Boys Racing team. Shane and Casey are both great guys, and the seats you've provided them is greatly appreciated by this guy.
Racephoto1, thank you very much for the kind words. There is nothing more in this world that we love more than open-wheel dirt track racing and we are very proud and humbled to be part of a series with so much history. We are extremely grateful for all of our team, drivers, friends, sponsors, and fans. There is nothing like being the little guys in the sport and having so much support and are so proud to have two very nice cars that we can have piloted by such great guys as Shane and Casey. Thank you all for the support!! We appreciate every single thing you guys do for us! Hope to see you all at the mile! - Greg Hardy

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: gentry26x, K-Dawg30, luckybuc97, racephoto1, SpfldMile
5/15/13, 12:17 PM   #20
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

Me and my cousin will be there.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who'll be at the Hoosier Hundred?