IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SCOTT M (Offline)
  #11 10/6/11 9:01 AM
Originally Posted by Al Soran:
I was you thirty years ago, and I went for it. My dream was to pass Kinser coming out of four on the final lap in front of a granstand full of my high school chearleaders, doubters and disbelievers, and my biggest fan, my Dad. Well, I never won a feature. Not one. But my Dad was there every step of the way. He saw me wing-over at Granite City, flip down the frontstretch at Burlington, hit my own trailer at Terre Haute, flip at Danville and Mt. Vernon, meet Tony George, Smokey Yunick, Jeff Gordon at age 13, Rich Vogler, Ray Evernham, "Speedy Bill Smith", and many many others, run in a televised show, miss a WoO feature by two spots, breathe the same dirt and dust as AJ, Mario, Jan, Steve, Sammy, and Doug, all the while learning priceless life lessons and becoming a man. A man my father can be proud of. Although the Kinser pass never happened, many good things did. Opportunities outside of racing opened for me in no small part due to the relationships I made while racing. Dream big, yes, and keep your eyes wide open all the while. Aim high, and you might achieve greatness. If you don't, I guarantee you will still land much higher than had you not gone for it. Good luck!
I don't think it can be put any better than this!
backitin
  #12 10/6/11 11:21 AM
My goal is to someday race a nonwing 410, my dream was to have done it 25 years ago when I believe I could've run good anywhere.
AP64 (Offline)
  #13 10/6/11 11:59 AM
Dreams are the best motivator an individual can have.
backitin
  #14 10/6/11 12:54 PM
Speaking of dreams, I believe my son pretty much has dreamed his way out of going to florida and driving in the nonwing nats. I'm afraid all he dreams of is cheerleaders and skipping school. Man what a bummer. Sometimes things like this happen when they're only with you half the time.