IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week.The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
7/19/11, 8:12 PM   #11
Re: Sprint Week.The Good, the Bad and the Ugl
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dant View Post
i remember that class...when i'm in line i'm patiently waiting my turn..when someone allows another to get in line in front of them.. they are 'cutting in line'- not waiting as the rest of us....so does it go faster 'taking turns 'as you say [I say cutting in line] no... not for they guy playing by the rules -waiting his turn ,,, but yah for the guy cutting in line ...see it depends on which car your in
WOW! talk about having no sense of decency!!!

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/19/11, 8:49 PM   #12
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Got to Kokomo Speedway at about 3:45 and went to the stands to see them full of blankets. We found a spot for two on the second row from the top (got lucky but we stayed parked there for hours). The row above us had plastic down and then a blanket taped over it. Let’s just say it got reeeaaaallly ugly. Two sets of folks claiming the same spot. A couple of the guys with the blanket said they worked for the track and had “rights to that section” even though their blanket was taped on top of the plastic (the plastic was claimed to be put down by the other party at 3PM). If these guys were employed by the track, they were not a very good representation and in my opinion were very abusive with lots of foul language and threats. I lost more respect for them when the cheered a flip by the Hoffman car. Not cool in my book.

Was sitting in the same area sorry you had to deal with these people the father, mother and son should not be let in to this track they are already drunk and wasted everytime I have been there and they where the same way last year during sprint week plus the other local shows I went to.If you noticed the father was not around during the rest of the program, second time seeing the local sheriff he was told to exit the track.Excellant facility fantastic racing everytime we visit the track,the owners have been more than nice to chat with will see what happens next time we go there if these people are there again make it a point to make sure there night ends early.
We have been having trouble with those guys all year, glad to see he got tossed.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/19/11, 8:54 PM   #13
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
We have been having trouble with those guys all year, glad to see he got tossed.

so you have taken care of the situation John?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/19/11, 9:19 PM   #14
dant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
WOW! talk about having no sense of decency!!!
let me give you a math problem cecil98....Your on the exit road of the parking lot 10th in line and there are 8 side roads ..now if every time you and all the cars in front of you allow just one car to enter in front of you..[like its a 4 way stop]how many hundreds of cars are going to exit the track before you ..and usually when you allow a car to pull in front of you the car behind him tries to wedge in...just seems to me if everyone waits their turn the flow would be faster and the tendency to drive accross the lot to somehow get ahead in the line would not exist..parking lots can suck after a race thats why I usually wait 20 min. in the pits till it clears a little...but the fact that some people think their entitled to cut in a line of traffic bugs me,relax -wait your turn and if someone offers to let you in ..appreciate it

7/19/11, 9:33 PM   #15
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dant View Post
let me give you a math problem cecil98....Your on the exit road of the parking lot 10th in line and there are 8 side roads ..now if every time you and all the cars in front of you allow just one car to enter in front of you..[like its a 4 way stop]how many hundreds of cars are going to exit the track before you ..and usually when you allow a car to pull in front of you the car behind him tries to wedge in...just seems to me if everyone waits their turn the flow would be faster and the tendency to drive accross the lot to somehow get ahead in the line would not exist..parking lots can suck after a race thats why I usually wait 20 min. in the pits till it clears a little...but the fact that some people think their entitled to cut in a line of traffic bugs me,relax -wait your turn and if someone offers to let you in ..appreciate it
I completely disagree...if decent people keep a reasonable distance from the car in front of them that will allow cars from side rows to alternately blend in, traffic will flow more smoothly and so will tempers..

7/19/11, 9:48 PM   #16
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
so you have taken care of the situation John?
Not my track Dan if I did something then Monica would be bailing me out of jail.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/20/11, 12:52 PM   #17
jim goerge

Texan Glad you and your son enjoyed ISW. hope hope the bad stuff won:t keep you from returning next year. Maybe next year you can do the second week of ISW. Just a thought

7/20/11, 4:49 PM   #18
illiNOISE

I drive a smaller car, and have had problems with large trucks speeding up when they see me trying to merge in. That's OK, I'll be getting way better gas mileage when I do get out of the lot.

My other pet peeve is with folks who will double park--even when there are plenty of legit spots left--just so they don't have to walk very far to the enterance. I understand that some folks have health issues, but if that's the case, call ahead and see if the track has hanicapped parking. Don't just block someone else in. My guess is that most folks who park illegally are just too lazy to walk an extra 25-50 yards to the gate. Wonder if they're the same people who will circle store parking lots for a half hour just to nab a spot one car closer to the door?
Posted via Mobile Device

7/20/11, 5:04 PM   #19
MacTexas

My first Sprintweek was 2005 and I was hooked been back every year but this one and I really missed being there. I really like Kokomo and plan to attend next year for sure. Wish they would run some wingless at Cowtown, I would be there for sure.

7/20/11, 6:18 PM   #20
DWX 9929

As for exiting the parking lot at L'burg- what's with all the people that drive up to US 50 on the wrong side of the double yellow? Sometimes there's cars trying to pull in the drive. These idiots are going to cause a head-on someday.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week.The Good, the Bad and the Ugly