IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unsolicited Advise To Tommy Helfrich
5/8/10, 5:52 PM   #11
Re: Unsolicited Advise To Tommy Helfrich
Tony Barhorst

Greg and Joe,

I respect you guys, and I hear what your sayin..thats what my point is...Who cares what it's called?..Why rip off Terre Haute like that if it is not needed?

I have had my say..I guess I can see everyone saying..Boy the racing at this "New Hut 100" was great..lets forget about Terre Haute and move on...

Out...
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 5/8/10 at 5:55 PM.

5/8/10, 5:52 PM   #12
USAC Fan

Hey Tony, here's some unsolicited advice:

You have no credibility after the way you treated us at UCS. You would do well to go into hiding and knock off these pat yourself on the back and slam USAC posts as all it does is make us remember what you think of us and said as much that day at UCS

5/8/10, 6:03 PM   #13
Tony Barhorst

USAC Fan..You missed the competitive race we had that day with some pretty good names staying..

Someday I will obtain the video to show you what you missed..You act like there was no racing that day.

Not true.

It looks like this "USAC Fan" is a vigilant defender...look at this post from yesterday Re: Must See Racing at Salem

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Banks
Remember this was just a practice on a Friday afternoon. That's just one car less than a certain sanctioning body had at Salem for a Saturday night race last year. Looking for 25 to 30 cars on Saturday.

USAC Fan posts
You guys always have to take shots at USAC. Let's see if Must See is around in 60 years.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 5/8/10 at 6:17 PM.

5/8/10, 6:22 PM   #14
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
USAC Fan..You missed the competitive race we had that day with some pretty good names staying..

Someday I will obtain the video to show you what you missed..You act like there was no racing that day.

Not true.

It looks like this "USAC Fan" is a vigilant defender...look at this post from yesterday Re: Must See Racing at Salem

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Banks
Remember this was just a practice on a Friday afternoon. That's just one car less than a certain sanctioning body had at Salem for a Saturday night race last year. Looking for 25 to 30 cars on Saturday.

USAC Fan posts
You guys always have to take shots at USAC. Let's see if Must See is around in 60 years.

Way to deflect Tony but you still don't get it. It had nothing to do with the RACING, as you like to put.

It has to do with you getting on the PA in front of all the fans and calling us COWARDLY and refusing to refund our money when we began discussing leaving, not to mention threatening us and usac with lawsuits. I have never been or seen treated as horribly by any promoter, not even Dave Allison, as you treated us that day.

I'll travel to California to run a USAC race for a hundred bucks to win before I'll ever run or support another Barhorst promoted show and there's a lot of us who feel that way.

5/8/10, 6:27 PM   #15
Tony Barhorst

I give you credit for your constant shilling for USAC..I took a look at your posting history...good for you.

I promote drivers that come to race..

Race teams that pull out voluntarily will not get a refund ANYWHERE...The race fans that wanted one that day because of teams that pulled out...they did get one....Then we had a hell of a race ANYWAY with some very good shoes...

My advice to Tommy...Run the race on your own..like the Chili Bowl does...You do not need USAC.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 5/8/10 at 6:40 PM.

5/8/10, 6:58 PM   #16
PJ Wright

Quote:

My advice to Tommy...You do not need USAC.
That's the bottom line, Isn't it? Be honest; The deal about the name doesn't REALLY matter to you, just an excuse to re-open old wounds with USAC.

Tony; I appreciate your efforts to promote the sport but in my opinion, on this thread, you're not doing yourself any favors.

5/8/10, 7:08 PM   #17
Tony Barhorst

USAC will take a long established name that EVERYONE associates with Terre Haute..and without blinking an eye, or even consider Terre Haute's feelings...Just take the name elsewhere in their 18 wheeler without looking back...This new regime called the dropping of the Hut 100 a "schedule enhancement"....that is the slippery talk of politicians trying to con you.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 5/8/10 at 7:27 PM.

5/8/10, 7:21 PM   #18
PJ Wright

Quote:
USAC wuill take a long established name that EVERYONE associates with Terre Haute..and without blinking an eye, or even consider Terre Haute's feelings...Just take the name elsewhere in there 18 wheeler without looking back...This new regime called the dropping of the Hut 100 a "schedule enhancement"....that is the slippery talk of politicians trying to con you.
Tony: We ALL (well with 1 or 2 exceptions) know that USAC often trips over itself. I was among the many that called BS on the term "schedule enhancement" last year.
On the other hand, some folks are ALWAYS critical of USAC, and that's wrong too.
JMO, but I question the objectivity and honesty of anyone who thinks USAC can do no right, just as I doubt those that think they can do no wrong.
Now, I'm off IOW and down the road 10 minutes for United Sprint Car Series action. That's right! Sprint cars in South Carolina!

5/8/10, 7:47 PM   #19
Tony Barhorst

P.J,

Thats cool...What track?...Give IOW a full report on another thread...

I once worked in Spartanburg, SC for the Phillies minor league team..That team was sold to Dale Earnhardt Sr and moved to Kannapolis...I love the south..especially Atlanta, Ga...No better time to be there than in the springtime.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 5/8/10 at 7:48 PM.

5/8/10, 8:05 PM   #20
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony barhorst View Post
p.j,

thats cool...what track?...give iow a full report on another thread...

I once worked in spartanburg, sc for the phillies minor league team..that team was sold to dale earnhardt sr and moved to kannapolis...i love the south..especially atlanta, ga...no better time to be there than in the springtime.
good bye hope we do not here from you

1 member likes this post: wallbanger II
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unsolicited Advise To Tommy Helfrich