IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jeff Gordon + Columbus Ohio= Race Track?
2/8/10, 8:29 AM   #11
Re: Jeff Gordon + Columbus Ohio= Race Track?
SteveD

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Once Gordon left for Nascrap, he never did anything for the locals. Just put it this way, he sure isn't Tony Stewart when it comes to short track racing.
Jeff stoped at Bloomington after his first fender championship and had a "thank you to my old haunts night" and autographed whatever till the wee hours....he smiled thru several hours of crazies & kids during the program till everyone had all they wanted....Thanks for all the great racing and good memories Jeff, you made a lot of "locals" proud of you. Sorry for the sidebar you can go back to your trashing....

1 member likes this post: 767
2/8/10, 10:06 AM   #12
Re: Jeff Gordon + Columbus Ohio= Race Track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
Jeff stoped at Bloomington after his first fender championship and had a "thank you to my old haunts night" and autographed whatever till the wee hours....he smiled thru several hours of crazies & kids during the program till everyone had all they wanted....Thanks for all the great racing and good memories Jeff, you made a lot of "locals" proud of you. Sorry for the sidebar you can go back to your trashing....
Several on here forget that Jeff got tied up by his contract to where he could not race anything else. Also looks like some forget him racing in the Dome for a few years after hiting nascar. Remember a few years ago when Tony was making a big deal about wording in contracts? When he first started that rant, I think he was speaking for Jeff. Today, I would say its more a family thing. Race to pay the bills then spend time with the family.

1 member likes this post: SteveD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jeff Gordon + Columbus Ohio= Race Track?