IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sc96 (Offline)
  #11 7/26/09 10:48 PM
I didnt see or listen to any of it my oldest daughter was showing her steers at the Jay Co 4-H fair{ RESERVE CHAMPION in her class} So was the racing really that bad??? If so why was it tire issues or something else.
mroutlaw101
  #12 7/26/09 10:56 PM
The only thing left for them to really do is just have a motor that comes from nascar. No more build ya own. Might as well.
Panama (Offline)
  #13 7/26/09 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by sc96:
I didnt see or listen to any of it my oldest daughter was showing her steers at the Jay Co 4-H fair{ RESERVE CHAMPION in her class} So was the racing really that bad??? If so why was it tire issues or something else.
It was that bad!
These cars can't pass each other at all, unless somebody makes a mistake.
Tires were fine, it was just another high speed parade.

NASCAR wasn't about to let Montoya run away with it, I seriously do not believe he was speeding.
The idiots in charge thought instead of a "debris" caution, they would just tighten things up a bit.

You have to work REAL hard to screw up a race that stunk in the first place, but they managed!

Smoke is, and will always be, the MAN, but NO MO NASCAR for me!
sc96 (Offline)
  #14 7/26/09 11:05 PM
Well if NASCAR keeps up the good work maybe they will run off enough people and sponsers that we can get some of those people turned on to good old sprint,midget, and silvercrown racing.
bherzog513 (Offline)
  #15 7/26/09 11:58 PM
Problem is... the sponsors won't go to lower level motorsports, they will go to golf or tennis.

I feel as if nascar would rather push speeding on montoya, over tech'ing his motor after he won. When has that guy ever been fast for more than 4 laps?

re-phrase- when has that team ever put a car out on the track, that was faster than all the hendrick, roush, gibbs and childress cars? Amongst that group, someone will beat you.
psullivan
  #16 7/27/09 12:50 AM
Being present on Saturday night - I'm curious where there was a "fix" in that race?
slide22 (Offline)
  #17 7/27/09 1:47 AM
About as much passing as a typical indy car race. Face it, the speedway is not great side by side racing with alot of passes.
miledirt (Offline)
  #18 7/27/09 7:21 AM
Originally Posted by slide22:
About as much passing as a typical indy car race. Face it, the speedway is not great side by side racing with alot of passes.
I am a HUGE critic of the IRL these days, but the racing at the 500 blows the racing we saw at NASCAR race away - not even close
bullring (Offline)
  #19 7/27/09 8:11 AM
I find it hard to believe a guy with a comfortable 5 second lead would push the speed limit that close. However, I also know that NASCAR has never made a mistake in all their years of running "shows" so that proves he was speeding.
Spud
  #20 7/27/09 11:18 AM
I didn't see the race so I won't comment on the penalty, but I think Juan is one of the best drivers on the planet. He has been fast in everything he has run. I wish Smoke would put Juan in a car for the Chili Bowl or a race at Eldora.

Now that I have thought about for a few minutes , I'll bet NASCAR would do something to keep a "Mescan" from winning a race. NASCAR does still seem like a bunch of Rednecks to me.