IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ROSS (Offline)
  #11 7/15/09 8:55 AM
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE:
You can take in as big a cooler as you want but the fair is going on so I don't know what the policy is for that. I bet no tailgating and parting at the camp and that sucks
They are putting the race campers in a new location for this show and it's way back off the beaten path. I don't think there is going to be any problem with tailgating and partying. I dropped mine off this morning on the way to work and yes it has poured rain here all morning and the streets are even flooded. I'm being positive and saying it's only 9 am and they have all day to pump water and get it ready. I would think with the fair crowd and all the sprint week followers they would do anything they can to get it in. Hope to see all at the track. Campers turn left when you go through entrance and you will see the race campers sign. Think Positive
terrehautian (Offline)
  #12 7/15/09 9:05 AM
With the fair, I don't think they have a cooler rule, but the police presence is more at the fair, also. So they might inspect it and might not allow it. I don't know since it is fair time.

Originally Posted by :
They are putting the race campers in a new location for this show and it's way back off the beaten path. I don't think there is going to be any problem with tailgating and partying. I dropped mine off this morning on the way to work and yes it has poured rain here all morning and the streets are even flooded. I'm being positive and saying it's only 9 am and they have all day to pump water and get it ready. I would think with the fair crowd and all the sprint week followers they would do anything they can to get it in. Hope to see all at the track. Campers turn left when you go through entrance and you will see the race campers sign. Think Positive
Track drains really well now. They also have a pipe running under turn 3 and 4 (and possibly 1 and 2) to drain the drainaige area. As for some thinking positive, I think it is impossible for some to say something positive about THAT, they would probalby be happy with the whole grounds being a strip mall.
Jim Halpert (Offline)
  #13 7/15/09 9:05 AM
Whether the weather be fine, Whether the weather be not, Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot, We'll weather the weather, Whatever the whether, Whether we like it or not”
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 7/15/09 9:05 AM
Radar at 9est shows rain over and nothin behind it as front is going to south and east I would hope they can grade or pump it in 8-9 hours I need to head out soon.

Chuck

Charles Nungester
terrehautian (Offline)
  #15 7/15/09 9:08 AM
The one thing that probably won't be useable is the tunnel. It has some issues that is probably more than ground water.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #16 7/15/09 9:10 AM
Looking at the radar it shows the tail end of the storm is moving through Terre Haute right now. Hopefully they can get the track prepared in the time period that is left. If the weather clears and the sun comes out with a little breeze it would also help. Think positive, we are going racing tonight.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
terrehautian (Offline)
  #17 7/15/09 9:26 AM
Just looked outside. Still dark, but rain looks done. I am in downtown Terre Haute, about 7 mintures from the track.
Obie (Offline)
  #18 7/15/09 9:30 AM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Looking at the radar it shows the tail end of the storm is moving through Terre Haute right now. Hopefully they can get the track prepared in the time period that is left. If the weather clears and the sun comes out with a little breeze it would also help. Think positive, we are going racing tonight.
I hope your right, Mike. We're on our way now to get the grandkids & we won't have pc access when we leave. Looks like we'll find out when we get there. Keep your fingers crossed.
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #19 7/15/09 9:33 AM
According to www.weatherunderground.com you will need to put in zip 47801, the rain is through Terre Haute. The pits are a concern also.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #20 7/15/09 9:40 AM
It hasn't rained for about a half an hour here. I'm about 3 miles northeast of the track. If Mother Nature will let them have the ol' Action Track back, these are the kind of situations that have potential to be really great races.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill