Register! Forgot Password?
racegal (Offline)
  #11 5/1/09 6:37 PM
I am praying for him. God Bless.

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
IndyBound (Offline)
  #12 5/1/09 9:08 PM
I want to thank everyone for their prayers. Billy remains in extreme critical condition, they have tried to reduce the medicine keeping him in the induced coma twice and have seen some signs of movement. This is a good sign that all of those prayers are being heard. I do believe God will work a miracle for Billy, however with these types of injuries it will be a slow process.

Thank you again for all your prayers,

Patti
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #13 5/1/09 9:36 PM
Originally Posted by IndyBound:
I want to thank everyone for their prayers. Billy remains in extreme critical condition, they have tried to reduce the medicine keeping him in the induced coma twice and have seen some signs of movement. This is a good sign that all of those prayers are being heard. I do believe God will work a miracle for Billy, however with these types of injuries it will be a slow process.

Thank you again for all your prayers,

Patti
Patti,

Thanks for the update. I can tell you that at times the healing process seems extremely slow and that is when the comfort of prayer really helps.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
ChaplainJackie (Offline)
  #14 5/1/09 10:02 PM
I will be praying also, I heard this scripture used recently and thought it was beautiful and wanted 2 share Isaiah 51. And I have put My Words in your mouth, I have covered you with the shadow of my hand... how comforting to know that He is that close to us.
Posted via Mobile Device
TeamCGR (Offline)
  #15 5/1/09 10:10 PM
Thanks for the Update Patti. Billy, keep fighting! A Prayer from Psalm 91.

He will raise you up on eagles' wings;

bear you on the breath of dawn,

make you to shine like the sun,

and hold you in the palm of his hand.

Pete Gulick
CGR
IndyBound (Offline)
  #16 5/1/09 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Patti,

Thanks for the update. I can tell you that at times the healing process seems extremely slow and that is when the comfort of prayer really helps.
Your welcome Mike. An thank you for the words of encouragement. Right now prayer is what Billy needs the most, not only did I ask the IOW members to pray for him, I asked all of my neighbors that haven't all ready left for cooler parts of the country and my bowling group. There is also another prayer group started on a supermodified board.

The comfort of prayer and the love and support from Billy's family and friends will pull him through this.

Andrew and your family remain in my prayers,

Patti
Gifford G Solem (Offline)
  #17 5/1/09 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by IndyBound:
I have seen the strength of the power of prayer on this board, right now a fellow open wheel racer needs that miracle of prayer. I am asking all IOW members to include Billy Day a crewmen on the Danny Soule #32 Supermodified in your prayers. Billy was involved in a car accident a week or two ago and appeared to be fine. This week he was found at home in a coma, he had suffered a brain aneurysm and a stroke. At the age of 42 Billy is fighting for his life right now in a Syracuse hospital.

Over the years I have watched Billy grow from a young child, coming to the races with his parents, into a teenager and then a young man. Our families became even closer when Billy's cousin married my daughter. Billy, his family and the Soule Racing Team need all the love, support and prayer fellow racers can send their way to see them through this difficult time. Please join me in praying to God to grant the racing community yet another miracle.

Thank you,

Patti
Add me to those who've prayed for Billy.
May God bless.
Motormasher (Offline)
  #18 5/2/09 9:17 AM
I am praying for him too......and all the others that are in need.
IndyBound (Offline)
  #19 5/4/09 2:10 PM
Billy continues to need our prayers, he has had a couple of rough days. On Friday the doctors thought they would be able to remove the respirator today. However that plan for now is on hold. At this time they plan to leave him on the resprirator because it helps to keep his breathing regular. He is breathing on his own but just needs assistance now and then. Right now their main goal is to get the swelling in the brian down without any set backs.

God has certainly tested the open wheel racing community this past week however I still believe in his power to work miracles. Please keep Billy Day, Brett Burdett, their families and friends in your prayers this week. An although Robert Ballou and Jason/Knoke77's Dad have both been released from the hospital, they still need our prayers that all goes well with their healing process.

Thank you all again for your prayers and please keep sending them to Billy, Brett, Robert and Jason's Dad.
Knoke77 (Offline)
  #20 5/4/09 2:48 PM
Continuing to pray for Billy's healing Patti.