Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wal-mart
2/28/09, 3:01 PM   #11
Re: Wal-mart
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbr View Post
Rodney,
Why don't you put a lien on the property? The paving company had to do that here to get paid for the parking lot. The holding company that owns the store let it go right up to the day of the sheriff's sale before paying them too.

PS- if you are thinking of taking court action you might want to edit your post and remove part of their name from it.
We did put a lien on it they bonded around it.

2/28/09, 3:02 PM   #12
Ovalmeister

Dang Rodney, wasn't that wal-mart job back in like '05? Still trying to get paid from them? They suck. :thumbsdown:
David.

2/28/09, 3:04 PM   #13
unclebuck

Every other car or truck in our local Wallyworld parking lot has a sticker saying;Pround to be a union ironworker, carpenter, millright, pipefitter etc.
They don't give a crap that the poor person working there is mistreated and low paid. As long as they get theirs.
If only the unions would have the balls to boycott Wallyworld. They boycotted Firestone rubber a few years ago because of union problem there. Trouble is, they boycotted the locally independenly owed shops too, instead of just the company owned shops.
Dale Weis
Valparaiso IN

2/28/09, 3:28 PM   #14
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post
Every other car or truck in our local Wallyworld parking lot has a sticker saying;Pround to be a union ironworker, carpenter, millright, pipefitter etc.
They don't give a crap that the poor person working there is mistreated and low paid. As long as they get theirs.
If only the unions would have the balls to boycott Wallyworld. They boycotted Firestone rubber a few years ago because of union problem there. Trouble is, they boycotted the locally independenly owed shops too, instead of just the company owned shops.
Dale Weis
Valparaiso IN
Dang Dale, your opening another can of worms here with the Union $&#@. Union people work for the cost of 2 or 3 workers but yet, when it comes to what they buy or hire done, they get the cheapest product or worker they can find. They should have to hire the same high priced workers and buy only union made products in my opinion.

As for Wal Mart, we have all known for years that they were going to put alot of small business owners out of business and I don't think that their prices are all that cheap.

I support the locally owned businesses.

2/28/09, 3:31 PM   #15
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Dang Rodney, wasn't that wal-mart job back in like '05? Still trying to get paid from them? They suck. :thumbsdown:
David.
Yep still trying I started this thread so people would have a chance to hear first hand how bad wal-mart is. I could really go off and fill everyone in on some of there other deals but some of it is so rotton people would not beleve it. Of the two stores we worked on they put 2 drywall companies out of business one concrete comp, one tile comp, and two paint companies. Those are the ones i know of. And the things they burnt them on were very minor.For example dry wall was supposed to be set at a certain height from the floor they were off by less than a sixteenth of an inch to high and they refused to pay for any of it. The tile guy got burnt because under a sink the grout gap was to narrow didnt get paid one red cent.

2/28/09, 6:09 PM   #16
fishnman

I refuse to go to Wal-mart for anything unless absolutly no other choice exists! Interesting show about a year ago on how they do things, most of the comments coming from former district managers, etc, whose concious finally got to them.Ask some former Rubbermaid workers from Ohio how they feel about the scumbag Walton family. Even the mighty Bill Gates has donated millions to charities, but check the records for the Walton family, whose earnings almost match that of Gates, and you will find a grand total of around $600.00!!!!!!!
I get FIRED UP everytime I think of the Wal-mart and what they have helped in destroying our economy. BUY AMERICAN!!!!!!
I have been told that if things don't change, 50 years from now a crew of alien spacecraft will land on the lawn of congress and all our leaders will come out with the greeting: Hello, Welcome to Wal-mart.

2/28/09, 6:25 PM   #17
TQ29m

Funny thing happened a few years ago, I had sold an item to a buyer on ebay, and in some of our emails, he happened to mention a purchase he had made at Wal-Wart, I don't know if it was a typo, but it stuck with me. I have spent a total of $8.00 at a Wal-Wart store, and my wife was the one that went in, I've never been in one, figured I'd not lost anything in there. Bob

2/28/09, 11:34 PM   #18
sc96

I am glade to see that I am not alone on this one, What happened with the rubber maid thing I never heard about it.

3/1/09, 12:17 AM   #19
tailtank

I have a buddy who worked for Cooper Tire and he told me that Wal-Mart demands that Cooper Tire build a tire for a certain amount. The only way Cooper Tire could do it and make any money at it was to take short cuts. I was told those short cuts are only on tires made for Wal-Mart. So I wouldn't buy any tires from Wal-Mart. I do have Cooper Tires on all 3 of our vehilces and they were bought from an official dealer.

So if tires are that way then I wonder what else is?

3/1/09, 12:09 PM   #20
tonyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailtank View Post

So if tires are that way then I wonder what else is?
It's cheaper for a reason. Ever had an auto-loading Browning shotgun that didn't cycle correctly using Wal-Mart ammo? The reason...it's loaded lighter to be able to sell to them cheaper, although the box shows the same specs as ammo from your local gun store. As a union operator I would rather pay more elsewhere than to cut my own throat by walking into a Wal-Mart.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wal-mart