IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Thoughts , Rumors and way to much time on the road.
10/8/07, 12:47 AM   #11
Re: Lawrenceburg Thoughts , Rumors and way to much time on the road.
jjones776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post

While some thought K stud was unlucky when he crashed out early last night, I saw who he got to sit next to the remainder of the evening and some may say he is the luckiest guy in the place.

:respect::respect: das right!!!! dag gone!

10/8/07, 2:02 AM   #12
zeroracer

I dont know just my opinion but i went wanting to watch a race, the only interesting part of the night was the last 7 laps of the feature or so. I didnt go to the races expecting to see hot laps all night because thats basically all i saw. I saw the same amount of passing as you would see on a rubbered down race track.

10/8/07, 7:31 AM   #13
Gregg

Missed Kimb Stewart too. MSCS announcer Racin' Jason did an excellent job in Kimbs absence but I have to tell him Zac Osborn is in the 11z car, not the 1-1-2 car.:emote20: Good job Jason. Wished I could have met you Saturday to say hello.

I will second, third or whatever the great job Sammy Immel did in the ex-Besecker sprinter. Hopefully Sammy will come to the 'burg more often next year.

Excellent night of racing by Dakoda Armstrong.

What can you say about Robert Ballou except, WOW!!

Happy to see for the first time this year, and sit next to, Dwight Clock. Also was among a great group of irregulars that included Fishburger, Ed K., Jerry Shaw and his steady, Dan H and his better half, DannyB, TJtomthumb and John (don't tell me about missing a race because of a wedding) Hoover. :emote20:

Already missing the 2007 racing season and it isn't quite over.:crying:

10/8/07, 11:17 AM   #14
psullivan

as for the "where was Kimb question"

She was fired from her job by email - I don't think I need to say more.

So she was asked to work a broadcast of the UMP Late Model race at Eldora where I am sure she did her homework as always and worked hard.

10/8/07, 11:24 AM   #15
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post

So she was asked to work a broadcast of the UMP Late Model race at Eldora where I am sure she did her homework as always and worked hard.
Personally, I have a feeling that there are some pretty big things on the horizon for Kimb. Watching and listening to her do the IRP deal especially the trackside interviews, I have always wondered just when a broadcast outlet might pick her up. I hope "the email" is the push she needed to further herself in her chosen field. With all of the great announcers here in Indiana there is none better at engaging a driver and getting them to tell "their story" then Kimb Stewart.

Tim Clauson

10/8/07, 11:33 AM   #16
Seadog

I first remember Kimb as a replacement announcer for Amy East at 16th Street. I thought she did a great job then and still does a great job today. I have met her and talked to her a couple of times and I think she is one of the nicest, friendliest people you could ever meet.

She's first class and does a great job. I too think bigger things are ahead for Kimb in the racing world.

Hey IndyCar or USAC, you need this girl.

10/8/07, 12:19 PM   #17
racefan20

Quote:

That is a chicken$%&t way of doing business. You show no class as an organization by firing someone by email. I just thought she was working at IRP. Gee, she was HARF announcer of the year last year but deserving of being fired this year...I dont think so. I think Mr Rudesill was listening to a very few detractors on this board when the majority appreciated her efforts. What began as a year with much promise at the 'burg has declined over the last half of the season. Now someone is convinced that it needs to be 3/8 all that will get you is bigger wrecks and strain on the weekly racers budgets when their engines need to be freshened more frequently and the repairs are more expensive due to the increased speeds.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/8/07, 12:29 PM   #18
FishBurger

Quote:

Wow !! Not my track, not my money, and I suppose not really any of my business. But, I have to say that on the surface this appears classless and I have come to expect a more professional business acumen from the Rudisell regime.

When I posted in another thread of the hard work by the 'Burg crew, I was including Kimb in that group. Every event had her circling the pit area, clipboard in hand, getting all the pertinent information. Never heard her mispronounce a driver name (Mike WEEBER & others ?) be they sprint, mod, pure stock, pro stock, mini-sprint, whatever. I wish Kimb all the best in her career and expect to see/hear her at IRP and other racing venues come '08 and beyond.

10/8/07, 12:50 PM   #19
Jerry Shaw

Quote:

Good job, Dave. That was a real classy thing to do.:thumbsdown:

Jerry

Winston Churchill

10/8/07, 1:05 PM   #20
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Now someone is convinced that it needs to be 3/8 all that will get you is bigger wrecks and strain on the weekly racers budgets when their engines need to be freshened more frequently and the repairs are more expensive due to the increased speeds.
I have yet to hear from anyone who is in favor of increasing the track's size next year, and this is in talking to Sprint and stock car drivers as well as fans. I also was part of a conversation Saturday that included Terry Eaglin, a weekly L'Burg Sprint car driver and his wife, and a few others. Terry of course hears from many in the racing circles, and to quote him...."I have not heard from One person, and I mean One (as he holds up his finger) person who is favor of making the track bigger". He seemed to think car counts will eventually drop over time. The sprint driver and his wife, are also concerned as to the their future in running next year, with increased cost to run competitively, and the added danger of running as fast as they will run if the track is prepared anywhere near what it was Saturday. This whole thing is the brainchild (I shouldn

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Thoughts , Rumors and way to much time on the road.