IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
revjimk (Offline)
  #11 5/31/21 9:03 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
I went 3 years ago and just couldn’t get into it. I’m glad to say I seen it but it’s just not for me.
Same here, don't like pavement & its too confusing, with so many cars several laps down, I couldn't tell who was in contention until it was down to 14 cars or less
But I'm glad all you other folks enjoy it
3 Likes: flagboy55, reeserx, tirespinner
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #12 6/1/21 6:48 PM
Originally Posted by LB:
we have a saying about the can't get a push truck at a car but another car thats sitting in their stall with a certain driver thats going laps down has one sitting behind it is called ,,,,,,,,,, interpreter 66 your turn ,,,,,,
The Indiana F@#$&%g
2 Likes: LB, tirespinner
Kydehart (Offline)
  #13 6/3/21 5:19 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I’ll get blasted for my opinion and I’m ok with it. In spite of friends who’s opinion I greatly respect, all I can say I guess is I’m not into novelty sprint car race’s. Still on my bucket list and it’s not that long so chances are I’ll get there soon

You’re killing me here. 🤣 Please come out soon and know it is not a tv friendly race. I still argue it isn’t a novelty either After 73 years, but the most pure race on the calendar. Every second counts, every pass counts even if you’re passing a car 10 laps down. Everything that happens during the race is important. It’s a rare race that combines the need for a fast car, a smart driver and a smattering of good fortune. I love it. Hope to catch up soon, my friend.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Jim Gardner, LB, PIT CART, Pitdad, tigerone, tirespinner
melatamazon (Offline)
  #14 6/4/21 9:12 AM
I have attended this event every year for the last 28 years. My father and his bother counted laps at the 3rd race and have attended ever since. As much as I love the Indy 500 (been 51 times) I enjoy this event just as much. I have attended racing events all over the world, F1, MotoGP, LeMan's and the Isle of Man TT. If I could only go to a couple events of the year it would be Indy 500, Little 500 and the Isle of Man TT.
12 Likes: Charles Nungester, erich45, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, ISF, jdull99, Kydehart, LB, snowdrift, tirespinner, Tony74
kinser (Offline)
  #15 6/4/21 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
The Indiana F@#$&%g
That must be like the Florida teams getting our radio frequencies and jamming our radios several years ago.
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #16 6/4/21 1:33 PM
Originally Posted by kinser:
That must be like the Florida teams getting our radio frequencies and jamming our radios several years ago.
They probably had no clue ,they only get to use the radio once a year LOL
oppweld (Online)
  #17 6/4/21 2:11 PM
Come on, you drink wing Kool aid. You can go and see for yourself its an All Time Classic event!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #18 6/4/21 2:20 PM
It's really kinda easy to keep track of until the first pit stops then it gets sketchy without having race monitor After second pit stops they'll probably be less than six or seven sometimes less on the lead lap. The tracks scoreboard gives you the top five and number of laps run. But other than that. It's a challenge. First half though the top ten will be pretty much weaving traffic together. sometimes in two different groups. But it's still wild.

Charles Nungester
kinser (Offline)
  #19 6/4/21 2:48 PM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
They probably had no clue ,they only get to use the radio once a year LOL
It was done intentionally.