IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #11 12/30/18 12:45 PM
I had a few people comment that the track looked smaller. Are they moving the tires in further?
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
K92 (Offline)
  #12 12/30/18 3:14 PM
Originally Posted by rstar00:
Geoff Kaiser started 9th and finished 4th and was only car in the top 4 to pass a car. Not a great race..
So I guess Jim Anderson didnt drive on the outside on the start from 6th to 3rd and than pass Bischak for 2nd??
5 Likes: fish, jdull99, Joltin Joe, ksmith, tirespinner
K92 (Offline)
  #13 12/30/18 3:16 PM
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer:
I had a few people comment that the track looked smaller. Are they moving the tires in further?
The tires were moved out for the midgets and it made it a one lane track
Joltin Joe (Offline)
  #14 12/30/18 7:39 PM
Originally Posted by rstar00:
Geoff Kaiser started 9th and finished 4th and was only car in the top 4 to pass a car. Not a great race..
Jim Anderson started 6th and finished 2nd, and passed 3 of us on the outside on the start.

Im "Joltin" Joe Liguori and i approve this message.
13 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, duel, EBookerFan, fish, GasIt4, jim goerge, Joe T, K92, ksmith, progressive22, tirespinner, wright59
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #15 12/30/18 9:05 PM
I think they need to stop letting the kart guys prep it destroys the track
3 Likes: Joekocjan, OnTheHammer, tirespinner
duel (Offline)
  #16 12/31/18 10:40 AM
I had a great time but was disappointed to see them move the tires out for the midgets and 360's. Maybe they thought it was too slippery on the inside. I think it would have made for 2 wide with that cushion of rubber. It was a big crowd Saturday. I know they have a lot of cars to run but they need to work on starting the last 3 mains earlier. The highlight of my weekend was talking to Mel and getting a selfie with Don and Mel. (Not the grand funk guys.)
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, flagboy55, jdull99, jim goerge, mc/rider, racer-x, spicoli, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #17 12/31/18 3:32 PM
Originally Posted by fish:
Justin Peck the winner in the midgets. John Ivy swept the weekend in the 600s, winning the winged & NW features both days.
Wasn't Peck suspended by USAC this past year for a drug violation? Kokomo and the All Stars also recognized the suspension? Apparently he was given the ok to run in the Ft. Wayne event.

Anyone know what the status of the USAC/All Stars/Kokomo suspension is? Is he good to go in 2019?
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #18 12/31/18 3:39 PM
Justin Peck Reinstated by World Racing Group

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...-racing-group/
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, RyanKentJr
jjones752 (Offline)
  #19 12/31/18 5:14 PM
Justin's a good kid; I talked with him at PRI and he pretty much echoed what was said in the article, that he's eager to learn from his mistakes, put the past behind him and focus on being better. The win at the Rumble should go a long way towards setting him up for a successful 2019.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, jdull99, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Task Force
Therealether (Offline)
  #20 12/31/18 5:37 PM
Wanna make it interesting? Run dirt tires.