Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Updates
7/22/18, 10:34 PM   #11
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Enjoyed following on Walkapedia!

7/23/18, 12:53 AM   #12
Longtime sprinter

Don’t feel sorry for the fans, I for one had one of the most entertaining race nights I could have ask for. Thought the racing was fantastic. Racey all the way back thru the field in heats, and all three mains. TRack may not have made Robert happy, but it couldn’t have been that bad, there was only a couple wrecks, and two good lines to run. Thank you to the drivers and crews for a great, entertaining night, and to the track crew for all the work you put in so us fans could have an exciting night of racing.

7/23/18, 12:57 AM   #13
Re: Lawrenceburg Updates
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
There is a twitter feed on the bottom right of the home page of this site they are posted there and also some great comments from Robert Ballou about the conditions there tonight feel sorry for the teams tonight and also the paying fans who showed up there.
Its rained off and on for two straight days and rained overnight and this afternoon, Track had it's usual two rough spots mid entry to one and three when it's been wetter than normal, which by halfway through show were ironed out. It's actually been really smooth with a monster cushion all but one show and it rained a hour before hotlaps then.

Ballou can whine all he wants. On purpose or not he got cut off in the interview and for a former fan, (I still think he's a hell of a racer) But everytime he doesn't win, it's the track fault. Well promotors should just shut the doors because

BALLOU ON ELDORA TO SMOKE FOUR CROWN, "NO WONDER TRACKS ARE SHUTTING THE DOORS WITH GLASS SMOOTH SLOW TRACKS" Make a track with a monster cushion and some charichtor and you'll pack the place"

End of quote.

What did ya have tonight Ballou?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/23/18 at 12:58 AM.

1 member likes this post: Kydehart
7/23/18, 1:25 AM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Probably should'nt have posted that, But I know Im far from the first fan sick of him bashing promoters.
A few had problems with the track, Grant had to take a provisional after bouncing and biking in his heat and coming one short in the B.

But I also seen Bilbee start sixth, get to third, spin, go to 11th and get back to third. Not to mention quick time! Way to go Nick sorry you couldn't finish

4 members like this post: Johnewill, Kydehart, PJ Wright, smith19
7/23/18, 1:28 AM   #15
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Probably should'nt have posted that, But I know Im far from the first fan sick of him bashing promoters.
A few had problems with the track, Grant had to take a provisional after bouncing and biking in his heat and coming one short in the B.

But I also seen Bilbee start sixth, get to third, spin, go to 11th and get back to third. Not to mention quick time! Way to go Nick sorry you couldn't finish
I wish Nick could have finished too. I Know he's fast enough there to beat the national guys. He's been looking sporty all year. Was cool to see him get quick time and that heat was awesome.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, SteveW
7/23/18, 1:44 AM   #16
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 22

Was the track as rough as he said it was?

7/23/18, 3:26 AM   #17
Nate

Personally, I was shocked how dry the track ended up being. I’m just assuming here, but I think they probably shaved a little too much off it anticipating a heavier shower this afternoon which ended up never happening.

The racing was decent. Track could have been better but with the weather being the way it’s been...I can understand why the track was the way it was.

1 member likes this post: DHayes818
7/23/18, 1:46 PM   #18
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Was the track as rough as he said it was?
I was not there so i cannot comment on track conditions. But i will say Ballou wasn’t the only driver to lament via social media. Just not as unfiltered as Robert likes to bring it.

1 member likes this post: 7horse
7/23/18, 3:20 PM   #19
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

How was the crowd? I sure missed being there.

7/23/18, 3:28 PM   #20
nodramazone20

The track was junk....Of course they blamed it on the 4" plus rain they SAID they got, but checking various weather sites, it looks like they got no more than 2 inches over the 3 previous days before Sunday. They simply do not have the equipment nor the ability to prep that track properly. The drivers and teams put on a good show despite the conditions, so kudos to all of them.

3 members like this post: 7horse, IndianaSprintFan, Sprint63122
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Updates