IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #11 9/2/08 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by billyb:
superduke, I was there last year and took pictures of Greg Weld in the Dunseth Restored car. see in background, (No. 1) also the 4, Stapp car. Beautiful Cars.
THEY LOOK LIKE SPRINT CARS! NOT WHAT THIS UGLY THING THEY RACE TODAY LOOKS LIKE! MIDGETS TOO! THEY SURE MAKE THEM UGLY TODAY!:checkered:
agar (Offline)
  #12 9/2/08 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by billyb:
superduke, I was there last year and took pictures of Greg Weld in the Dunseth Restored car. see in background, (No. 1) also the 4, Stapp car. Beautiful Cars.

I think this is the one you are talking about

mac miller (Offline)
  #13 9/3/08 7:12 AM
We will be bringing the new "Calhoun" replica to Jungle Park on Saturday(Sept27) and we will be running both the "Calhoun" and the Fike Plumbing sprint car replica at Winchester on Sunday(Sept28). Stop by and say HI!
bigmojo5
  #14 9/3/08 8:29 AM
THEY SURE MAKE THEM UGLY TODAY!

I couldn't agree with you more, Duke. Give me a Stapp, a Grant King or a Leffler any day.
Jim Morrison
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #15 9/3/08 8:33 AM
Originally Posted by mac miller:
We will be bringing the new "Calhoun" replica to Jungle Park on Saturday(Sept27) and we will be running both the "Calhoun" and the Fike Plumbing sprint car replica at Winchester on Sunday(Sept28). Stop by and say HI!
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PUT A V8 IN YOUR FIKE REPLICA?:checkered:
Seadog (Offline)
  #16 9/3/08 8:37 AM
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE:
OK BE HAPPY! I WAS GOOD IN MY DAY BUT THERE ALL NITE RACES ANYMORE!:rolling:applaud::checkered:
Did you steal that line from Kevin Olson or did he steal it from you?
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #17 9/3/08 9:06 AM
:redflag:
Originally Posted by Seadog:
Did you steal that line from Kevin Olson or did he steal it from you?
KEVIN USES ALL MY LINES AND ALSO JIMMY OSKIES LINES! ASK HIM!:checkered:
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #18 9/3/08 9:11 AM
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy:
Can't wait for this event. Heard about it last year from a friend and making plans to be there.

Any idea of who some of the retired drivers could be there, or maybe some of the acive ones?
VUKOVICH BETTENHAUSEN DICKSON WILL BE THERE!:checkered:
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #19 9/3/08 9:27 AM
Originally Posted by bigmojo5:
THEY SURE MAKE THEM UGLY TODAY!

I couldn't agree with you more, Duke. Give me a Stapp, a Grant King or a Leffler any day.
Jim Morrison
HOW BOUT AJ WATSON DON BROWN RON WARD HANK HENRY KUZMA- KURTIS -SALNIS WALLY MESKOWSKI?:checkered:
mac miller (Offline)
  #20 9/3/08 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE:
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PUT A V8 IN YOUR FIKE REPLICA?:checkered:

I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to do that. That's why I'm looking forward to seeing your cars there, Duke, so I can see how its done. :wink

Actually, the "Fike" replica has done every thing that it was designed to do and I anticipate that it will remain in its current configuration. The three most important things about this car are that the Owner likes it, Parnelli likes it and I like it.