IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #11 9/22/15 9:31 AM
I don't complain too much about track prep. My only concern is the track getting a one lane rubber groove in the middle. That is one thing about back when they ran the features on Sunday, a lot of times the track would take rubber during the silver crowns then it becomes a pavement race, Stay in line or the train goes by. As long as they can keep that from happening, I can deal with the rest
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, FALCONEDDIE, GlobalSpeedway Tours
bullring (Offline)
  #12 9/22/15 11:19 AM
What kind of car counts do you expect for this event? Kicking around options for the weekend and just wondering what they usually draw out there.
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #13 9/22/15 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by bullring:
What kind of car counts do you expect for this event? Kicking around options for the weekend and just wondering what they usually draw out there.
I would not use car count to decide whether to go or not. This is the only time all year where you can see midgets, sprints, and silver crown on the same night. There should be a full field of sprints and silver crown cars and enough midgets for excitement. Go and enjoy.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, budsauto25, flagboy55, jim goerge, PIT CART, speed bump
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #14 9/22/15 12:46 PM
I absolutely agree with the last poster. Count means nothing for this show. The racing is almost always exceptional! I'm going to say expect sprints to have somewhere in the low to mid 30s, champ cars 20 to 24, and mid 20s on midgets. The forecast for the weekend should help as well. That's just my guess, but come and enjoy it, you'll have no regrets.
2 Likes: PIT CART, scottyCbus
sprntr (Offline)
  #15 9/22/15 5:49 PM
One of my favorite shows. Wish I could be there this year but it was a choice between the 4 Crown & the last Super Dirt Week at the NY Fairgrounds Mile. Next year I'll be back at Eldora.
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #16 9/22/15 6:23 PM
Originally Posted by scottyCbus:
I looking forward to going to my 1st 4 crown been talking about going for years just never made the trip. Should be a blast being around my racing family! Let the track prep issue go guys! Your At A Racetrack don't get any better than that! Have fun everyone because I know that I will!!
As a first timer please after this weekend get back on here and tell us what you actually think of the track it will be interesting to hear a new perspective on track prep
3 Likes: jim goerge, PIT CART, speed bump
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #17 9/22/15 8:27 PM
The original format had Qualifying, heats, and all B-Mains except Late Models on Saturday night. Then Late Model B and all A-Mains on Sunday afternoon.
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #18 9/22/15 9:30 PM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
As a first timer please after this weekend get back on here and tell us what you actually think of the track it will be interesting to hear a new perspective on track prep
It will get somewhat slick, probably rubber up with some dust before the night is over. It will still be a good show.
ossuks (Offline)
  #19 9/23/15 6:40 AM
As long as the dust gets blown off.....we all have our opinions...most like hammer down against a perfect cushion....Me, I will take a strip of rubber, a small build up of fluff against the wall, fast drivers using balls and talent, slide it in, slight contact right rear to concrete, back on the throttle, all is good with the world for a few minutes on a Saturday night....90% of the time that is what you get at the 4Crown!!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, t_inmyface
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #20 9/23/15 7:05 AM
Another thing we got going for us is no ascoc race scheduled Friday. I would think that should make for a real nice field with the wings Friday night.