IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #11 9/10/15 12:18 PM
Does the budget series allow the USAC Honda?
DAD (Offline)
  #12 9/10/15 12:53 PM
1. I would assume that as long as the HPD engine meets the rules it would be legal to race D II Midgets.

2. sp Just how many Honda HPD motors were in that race? I think to date the Focus is still the predominant motor racing USAC. The Focus has a little problem with the ECOtec's and Motorcycle Engine powered cars. Wayne I understand has done a little experiment with his Focus Motor looking to make it run a little better.

Honest Dad himself
sp33dy (Offline)
  #13 9/10/15 1:14 PM
Originally Posted by :
Just how many Honda HPD motors were in that race?
That's the inside joke!

I didn't see any of them there!

I think the only time I saw one was at the PRI show! Of course I'm old and I don't get out as much as I used to!
DAD (Offline)
  #14 9/10/15 4:55 PM
sp

I have been a little slow as of late grasping things. There were 2 HPD midgets at Kitley for the Tony Stewart race and they performed pretty darned good. Kind of neat with just one big long exhaust pipe down the right side. I was pretty impressed with them and their performance.

I think USAC has to get away from selling Motors and just supply guide lines for people that want to build or buy their own Motors. If these new little motors are strong enough to go a couple of hundred thousand miles on the road with Junior behind the wheel trying to tear them up they should be able to go a few race seasons with Minimal care or attention spent on installing stronger racing parts in them.

Require and inspect for Stock block>>Stock crank and lower end>>Stock cylinder head , ports and valves and cams.

Allow Fuel Injection change>>ECM mapping or aftermarket ECM's to allow easy change over to Methanol and injection systems>>after market pistons>> aftermarket valve springs and lubrication system modifications. If one has to go into the motor to make it competitive they need to be looking for another motor to race with.

By the way I went to an ECOtec race this weekend at Lawrenceburg>>>They call them "Hornets"

Honest Dad himself
Puppy (Offline)
  #15 9/11/15 5:49 PM
Originally Posted by sp33dy:
That's the inside joke!

I didn't see any of them there!

I think the only time I saw one was at the PRI show! Of course I'm old and I don't get out as much as I used to!
There has been one running the last two years. Saw it at Toledo in 2014 and 2015.