IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #11 1/6/15 2:42 PM
My hope is that the delay is being caused by negotiations which are taking some time to finalize for a real blockbuster event or events. My fear is that it is being caused by trying to convince enough tracks to have a race to have a decent schedule.

Frank Daigh
3 Likes: billw, cwfan08, Pat O'Connor Fan
miledirt (Offline)
  #12 1/6/15 3:55 PM
I know tri city said they we're announcing their schedule on the 18th, I believe it is... And they do the Gold Crown which has been a USAC national midget show in the past
team3521 (Offline)
  #13 1/6/15 6:09 PM
If USAC was smart, (which I would never accuse them of being), they should break their ties with Hoosier Tire Co. and open the tire rules up to any brand. Or go to a cheaper harder tire.
Stars runs national midgets at Grundy Co. on pavement and last year changed to American Racers. I believe that all their competitors are happy with that decision. Then I would suggest putting a new tire limit per night on all competitors to keep the price of attending down. Maybe 2 a night or something. And as its been mentioned, leave the midgets to race on smaller tracks until the base of cars is built back up. Big HP to go fast on big tracks means big $ and people will quit attending when they have no chance to compete. And I would suggest limiting the travel radius from Indy as well. No Phoenix or Irwindale races on the schedule. There are plenty of really nice race track in the midwest that would work nicely.
But, USAC will kill the pavement series before they'll do something proactive like that.
2 Likes: jdull99, Ken Bonnema
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #14 1/6/15 7:09 PM
Originally Posted by team3521:
If USAC was smart, (which I would never accuse them of being), they should break their ties with Hoosier Tire Co. and open the tire rules up to any brand. Or go to a cheaper harder tire.
Stars runs national midgets at Grundy Co. on pavement and last year changed to American Racers. I believe that all their competitors are happy with that decision. Then I would suggest putting a new tire limit per night on all competitors to keep the price of attending down. Maybe 2 a night or something. And as its been mentioned, leave the midgets to race on smaller tracks until the base of cars is built back up. Big HP to go fast on big tracks means big $ and people will quit attending when they have no chance to compete. And I would suggest limiting the travel radius from Indy as well. No Phoenix or Irwindale races on the schedule. There are plenty of really nice race track in the midwest that would work nicely.
But, USAC will kill the pavement series before they'll do something proactive like that.
How many cars did Grundy get last year. I was there the year before and it wasn't real good the night I was there. I still think it is a cool track.
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #15 1/6/15 8:58 PM
It should be clear by now that USAC's goal is to first eliminate the Silver Crown series, then work on destroying the National Midgets, and after accomplishing this they kill the sprint division. This will eliminate jobs for all those officials making the exorbitant salaries. Seems like a reasonable plan.

Sarcasm should be noted.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #16 1/6/15 10:14 PM
I'm looking forward to the show at Plymouth in May!
3 Likes: jdull99, mowerman, speed bump
jdull99 (Offline)
  #17 1/7/15 1:10 AM
That is like the only thing announced so far, right?

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
jdull99 (Offline)
  #18 1/7/15 1:12 AM
Originally Posted by team3521:

Almost everything you said here makes WAY too much sense to ever be discussed on a midget racing forum! LOL. I just can't understand why my local "NASCAR" track has such tire limits, but the only place I am aware of such a rule in OW cars is at Ft Wayne...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
wolfpack58 (Offline)
  #19 1/7/15 6:47 PM
Just announced 3 dates in PA.August 18-20 Lincoln,Path Valley,Susquehanna.Should be good fields with strong ARDC support.
4 Likes: cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
davidm (Offline)
  #20 1/7/15 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by wolfpack58:
Just announced 3 dates in PA.August 18-20 Lincoln,Path Valley,Susquehanna.Should be good fields with strong ARDC support.
Were did you see this? That's a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.