IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #11 9/15/14 6:21 PM
One day away! Unfortunately 3 to 11s will keep me away. First time i saw king kinser race was at kokomo. Remember telling my dad, that guy is gonna win Knoxville someday. Boy did i get that right! Would love to see him pick up a win there on his farewell tour, the place would be up for grabs!
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #12 9/15/14 10:08 PM
The Outlaws need to show Sammy some love and recognize him one night for all the records he set and fans that he helped put into the grandstands over his career as an original Outlaw. I thought the Outlaws should've done a "Missing Man" formation in his honor at Skagit as that was the first race they ran after he retired. Sammy, Steve and Doug MADE the Outlaws a must-see show so I sure hope they do something to show appreciation.
7 Likes: bowbuild, Duane Hancock, flagboy55, illinifan, koolaid89, PIT CART, speed bump
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #13 9/15/14 10:24 PM
Well said flat. You could throw a couple more names in there too but they are the big three. A lot of great memories watching those guys. One kings royal comes to mind with those 3 battling for the win, amazing racing!
Nate (Offline)
  #14 9/15/14 10:38 PM
Like I posted before I'm bummed Sammy wont be there, he was my dad's favorite when I was a kid and that rubbed off on me growing up. All the same there should be a solid turnout in terms of car count tomorrow night. You have the series regulars plus non-wing regulars Christopher Bell, Rico Abreu, Bryan Clauson, Robert Ballou, Hunter Schuerenburg and Brady Bacon (that I've heard about so far) jumping in under a wing. I was bummed to see Brandon Wimmer couldn't make it.

Should be a great crowd as well even with the NWS calling for some chilly temps. If I had to go to one wing show a year this would be the one.
2 Likes: cwfan08, nathans1012
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #15 9/16/14 3:31 PM
Any updates would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #16 9/16/14 3:38 PM
Its today Flagboy

Charles Nungester
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #17 9/16/14 3:42 PM
I'm aware of that. Just looking for observations from those lucky enough to be there
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #18 9/16/14 4:38 PM
35 or so here right now..
ewj8 (Offline)
  #19 9/16/14 5:11 PM
hearing Dave Blaney is in the 3g tonight!!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #20 9/16/14 5:29 PM
You should be able to listen to it on www.dirtvision.com. Not possitive. Going to tune in in a bit.

Also http://www.woosprint.com/live-scoring
For live scoring

Charles Nungester