IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ThaBurgFan (Offline)
  #11 8/3/08 2:27 PM
Dave,

I thought it was ridiculous when I got there last BUT I will agree that it was racy in the sprints and mods, didn't watch the pure stocks b/c we were trying to get to the pits to tell Brett Burdette congrats. IF it is going to be black and slick could we get a little water on the track to keep the dust down a bit? Also thanks again for honoring those who deserve it last night!!

Thanks,

Shane
Stagger (Offline)
  #12 8/3/08 3:20 PM
Black slick in Hot Laps???? That would suck. But if you know it is going to be like that might as well break out a pavement chassis. The promoter might want it like that but what did the racers feel about? I am just guessing but they might not have cared for that to much.. Who Knows, dry slick seems to be the fashion these days. Water and Pack it so tight with a sheepsfoot that no water can come back up or just run late model races.
ThaBurgFan (Offline)
  #13 8/3/08 3:35 PM
Stagger,

Dave is the man to respond but what I was told is that the reason the track was black and slick is because racers were complaining so much about the track being rough when it was tacky. I guess Mel Johnson will get some rest once in a while! lol

Shane
JstAbvVMC (Offline)
  #14 8/3/08 4:12 PM
Great Job Brett ! Congrats to AJ, Big Al and the rest of the gang at BCI. I know it feels really good after all of the hard work that you guys have put in so far this year pays off !!! I hope the next one comes a little quicker. GOOD LUCK
FishBurger (Offline)
  #15 8/3/08 4:59 PM
Originally Posted by HEAD:
honestly... BLACK SLICK IN HOT LAPS???
C'mon HEAD, whaddya think this is....your birthday or sumthin'??? :wink

It's my understanding that with the two support classes (Mods & Pure Stocks) being on skinny tires there was concern that a wet tacky track would get rutted out. Kenny Biro told me last week that the holes about beat him to pieces at ISW. BTW, please keep thinking about and praying for Kenny, Curt, and family. Hope all the prayers and the fact that Kenny is a tough kid and works out daily will result in a fast and complete recovery.

The racing from where we sat ("A") was about the most intense I've seen this season (I missed the opener as I was at Eldora). The sprints heats were kinda blah, but that was more due to the goofy pill draw lineups (IMO) than the track. Two of the Mod heats were terrific (Hope that doesn't get me barred from IOW). And the Sprint Feature was great up until the Boespflug aerobatics. Great win for one of my boys, Brett Burdette. Tough way to get beat for two of my boys, Boespflug and Light. Terrific runs from way back by Westfall and yet another of my boys, Kyle Robbins (Matt's too old to be one of my boys :wink). Nice to see Arin McIntosh with a top 10. Can't think of anyplace I would rather have been.

Good to see you back at The 'Burg HEAD. And oh BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

:checkered:
brianclimer
  #16 8/3/08 6:13 PM
First: Congratulations to Brett and Big Al. Great job.

Second: Addressing the track complaints; many of us competitors like it. It doesn't require nearly as much HP when it's slick which helps the little guy out. It does require more driver skill, not just guts so the best driver and set up run well and the rest of us try to learn something. My son doesn't have the skill to run up front yet but he will get there if he continues to get laps on these types of tracks.

Third, my family was there and made the following comments. The track was racy and there were battles all throughout the field two and three wide. There was significantly more passing than when the track is heavy.

I say, great job Dave.
robert gatten (Offline)
  #17 8/3/08 8:21 PM
Originally Posted by HEAD:
first off Congrats to Brett he did a heck of a job last night. But is it just me or is it pretty sad that L'burg spent the money they did on this new track, and we get to show up to a racetrack the way we did last night? That was TERRIBLE it looked as if the track hadn't bee touched since sprintweek but keep in mind the sprinklers were going all out in the infield to keep that grass looking good... SINCE WHEN DO WE RACE ON THE GRASS??? I just hope that the track gets better from here cause it cant get much worse.
track was good as it is hard to keep that sunshine off one and two. I just wish it had not been as fast as my 98 car might not have been distroyed ! But i think you got your money's worth with the great racing i saw. Congratulations brett, you stayed in there and won the battle !
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #18 8/3/08 8:45 PM
My original post was to be more Fish Like and be all possitive.

I'll leave3 it at that. The feature was more than my 15.00 worth.

Chuck, who actually fell asleep durring one sprint heat :confused:

Charles Nungester
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #19 8/3/08 8:50 PM
Originally Posted by FishBurger:
C'mon HEAD, whaddya think this is....your birthday or sumthin'??? :wink

It's my understanding that with the two support classes (Mods & Pure Stocks) being on skinny tires there was concern that a wet tacky track would get rutted out. Kenny Biro told me last week that the holes about beat him to pieces at ISW. BTW, please keep thinking about and praying for Kenny, Curt, and family. Hope all the prayers and the fact that Kenny is a tough kid and works out daily will result in a fast and complete recovery.

The racing from where we sat ("A") was about the most intense I've seen this season (I missed the opener as I was at Eldora). The sprints heats were kinda blah, but that was more due to the goofy pill draw lineups (IMO) than the track. Two of the Mod heats were terrific (Hope that doesn't get me barred from IOW). And the Sprint Feature was great up until the Boespflug aerobatics. Great win for one of my boys, Brett Burdette. Tough way to get beat for two of my boys, Boespflug and Light. Terrific runs from way back by Westfall and yet another of my boys, Kyle Robbins (Matt's too old to be one of my boys :wink). Nice to see Arin McIntosh with a top 10. Can't think of anyplace I would rather have been.

Good to see you back at The 'Burg HEAD. And oh BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

:checkered:
HEY MARV,
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A BOMBER FAN.NEVER WOULD LIVE THAT ONE DOWN. :Steer :Steer
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #20 8/3/08 8:55 PM
Pure Stocks and Burg :thumb :thumb :thumb
Best heats of the night :applaud: They should be manditory! :dologob:

Charles Nungester