IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #11 8/5/14 4:08 PM
Dave,

How about the MMSA lightning sprints running as the support class one night?

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
Newport13 (Offline)
  #12 8/5/14 4:24 PM
Ahhh, a funfest type event returns to the burg? I like it.
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #13 8/5/14 4:26 PM
Originally Posted by Newport13:
Ahhh, a funfest type event returns to the burg?
Since you put it that way....my balloon just popped!
Newport13 (Offline)
  #14 8/5/14 4:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell:
Since you put it that way....my balloon just popped!
Dang, didn't mean to do that.
mowerman (Offline)
  #15 8/5/14 4:33 PM
Great idea Dave .
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #16 8/5/14 4:40 PM
I'd charge $10 a night and just see how many fans you can get in the place. I'm sure you'd sell enough hot dogs to make up the difference.
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #17 8/5/14 4:43 PM
Originally Posted by racerjim2:
I'd charge $10 a night and just see how many fans you can get in the place. I'm sure you'd sell enough hot dogs to make up the difference.
Ummm, no! We had a free admission night a few years ago and didn't even make enough money to pay the 1st place winner..
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, ChadSmith, Charles Nungester, Cjax6x, i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
mlamb (Offline)
  #18 8/5/14 4:57 PM
I certainly appreciate any track promoter thats working on their track mid week, as well as asking what we think about your ideas! Kudos Dave! I do have one question Dave (jokingly of coarse), Just how many laps on that grader did it take to come up with this idea? Lol
6 Likes: Copperhead, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, mowerman, Mud Packer, PJ Wright
DAD (Offline)
  #19 8/5/14 5:09 PM
Dave

What is the song you like to sing the most when circling the track all by yourself sitting on top of that old grader. I do some of my best thinking and singing sitting on my old tractor knocking down them weeds that my wife refers to as Lawn.

I like the 1/4 mile track idea. Sprint cars are about the only thing around that have enough beans to look good on the big track.

Honest Dad himself
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #20 8/5/14 5:10 PM
If somehow you could get the outside about 3ft higher than the inside , I think it'd be great racing

Dick Gaines won many track championships on a quarter mile, He also won the Knoxville Nationals. Hint 2015 Hint.

Charles Nungester