IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
PIT CART (Offline)
  #11 8/2/14 12:09 PM
Sad to hear this but the radar kept me at home last night.
wtvwrocks (Offline)
  #12 8/2/14 12:14 PM
So does this mean the $4k to win show next week is canceled? We were planning to run it.

If anyone knows officially if they are done please clear up the speculation. Otherwise I imagine we will be there Friday
4 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, PIT CART, speed bump
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #13 8/2/14 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by wtvwrocks:
So does this mean the $4k to win show next week is canceled? We were planning to run it - all these comments sound as though last night was it, this is only going to keep more people away.

If anyone knows officially if they are done please clear up the speculation. Otherwise I imagine we will be there Friday
I would make other plans for the next couple of Fridays. Word is there may be someone stepping in but not for a few weeks. Maybe a two day show in Oct.

Jerry
racefan20 (Offline)
  #14 8/2/14 12:22 PM
Think maybe we should wait for some official word from the track before making other plans? Just sayin.......

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: Dirtfan, fish, Gregg, PIT CART
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #15 8/2/14 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Think maybe we should wait for some official word from the track before making other plans? Just sayin.......
Do what you want but I am not going to hold my breath.

And just for the record when have I ever said something this bad and it was not true.

Jerry
5 Likes: cwfan08, Dblchkrs, rclaridge, speed bump, ThrottleHead
PIT CART (Offline)
  #16 8/2/14 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer:
Do what you want but I am not going to hold my breath.

And just for the record when have I ever said something this bad and it was not true.

Jerry
Jerry April fools was months ago.
badcoupe (Offline)
  #17 8/2/14 12:37 PM
What surprises me is that it's not that far from montpelier and they have a great turnout there but not at gas city. Last weekend when we ran the tqs there the car count and attendance were poor. Again I think weather played a part in it to a certain extent. Hopefully something works out I really like that place.
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #18 8/2/14 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
Jerry April fools was months ago.
I wish It was an April fools not just for the fans and drivers but for Mel and his family they really wanted this to work.

I was told this by a very reliable person had it just been in the air I would have never posted an early warning as to do further damage to the track.

We started racing at Gas city the very first race for Sprint cars before running water or nice restrooms, four metal wall no roof and gravel to pee on, I do take this news very serious.

And just for the record John when was the last time you seen anything posted about Gas City from Gas City.

I tried to give a heads up do with it what you want.

Jerry
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dblchkrs, speed bump
PIT CART (Offline)
  #19 8/2/14 12:42 PM
The sad news is we knew this would probaly going to happen. I am trying to decide on buying a boat or go chase wing sprint cars.
triplexxx (Offline)
  #20 8/2/14 1:12 PM
Just never thought he would quit. Oh well **** happens. Bring jiggs and phil back they are there at the races anyway.