IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Points (Offline)
  #11 5/14/14 1:19 AM
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids:
Not sure if they still do, but the track would actually put up wooden arrow shaped signs all across town that said "midget races" and have the sign pointing to what road you should follow to get to the track. Always thought that was neat for some reason.
Yep they were still using them last year.
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #12 5/14/14 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids:
I've seen midgets at a lot of tracks now, and Angell Park is still the best place to watch midgets! That track suits the midgets just perfectly. It should be a good show!
Not sure if they still do, but the track would actually put up wooden arrow shaped signs all across town that said "midget races" and have the sign pointing to what road you should follow to get to the track. Always thought that was neat for some reason.
Will be interesting this year with everything changing. Guardrail has been removed and I believe the track was widened a few feet as well.
jmo8 (Offline)
  #13 5/14/14 7:54 PM
I believe they removed the inside guardrail and widened it in an effort to make it sprint car "friendly". The IRA winged sprints have two dates there, June 1 and July 20. If successful, I would expect more sprint cars there in the future.
Jonr (Online)
  #14 5/26/14 1:07 PM
Would like to hear from motormouthmyers. How was the first trip to Angell park?
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #15 5/26/14 2:54 PM
Originally Posted by jmo8:
I believe they removed the inside guardrail and widened it in an effort to make it sprint car "friendly". The IRA winged sprints have two dates there, June 1 and July 20. If successful, I would expect more sprint cars there in the future.

USAC Sprints also on June 22nd

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy