IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Seadog (Offline)
  #11 2/26/14 8:44 AM
Originally Posted by fish:
To me, having it in the middle of the week means there are no conflicting dates.
Except ISW race at Terre Haute that same night. Or not. Personal choice I guess.
donwilshe (Offline)
  #12 2/26/14 10:46 AM
Exactly that is why a wednesday was chosen.. No conflcts, except for USAC but that dirt not asphalt and different racers.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #13 2/26/14 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by donwilshe:
Exactly that is why a wednesday was chosen.. No conflcts, except for USAC but that dirt not asphalt and different racers.
Unfortunately for me, similar fan.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Seadog (Offline)
  #14 2/26/14 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by donwilshe:
I'm not talking about the racers or the track surface, I'm talking about the FANS. Remember them?
2 Likes: koolaid89, Mud Packer
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #15 2/26/14 12:31 PM
Honestly how many fans are spread between the two? God forbid two races scheduled the same day hundreds of miles apart. A lot of ******** for no reason

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #16 2/26/14 5:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Unfortunately for me, similar fan.
Mike; For my situation, and I know I'm being selfish, a schedule conflict like this can be a plus. I have to make a general plan weeks in advance for any roadtrip I take and I can only take 2 or 3 a year. That being the case, I always look for dates that give me the best chance to see the maximum amount of races. For example, once I'm in the region, if the weather forecast for Terre Haute is 80% chance of rain and Sandusky only 30% I can change my destination. If there's only one race scheduled on a particular night there's no plan B. I know I'm in the minority and sometimes I make the wrong choice, but for me having an option is a good thing.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
4 Likes: apexonephoto, fish, Geoff Kaiser, Mud Packer
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #17 2/26/14 5:27 PM
Originally Posted by PJ Wright:
Mike; For my situation, and I know I'm being selfish, a schedule conflict like this can be a plus. I have to make a general plan weeks in advance for any roadtrip I take and I can only take 2 or 3 a year. That being the case, I always look for dates that give me the best chance to see the maximum amount of races. For example, once I'm in the region, if the weather forecast for Terre Haute is 80% chance of rain and Sandusky only 30% I can change my destination. If there's only one race scheduled on a particular night there's no plan B. I know I'm in the minority and sometimes I make the wrong choice, but for me having an option is a good thing.
I think we share a brain when it comes to chasing racing.. Always try to have a 2nd choice!
3 Likes: fish, Geoff Kaiser, Mud Packer
donwilshe (Offline)
  #18 2/26/14 5:33 PM
The Purse is going to be $38,0000 with the day before being a practice day.
stoney (Offline)
  #19 2/26/14 7:21 PM
dead-beat don makes it sound like he`s putting it on!
donwilshe (Offline)
  #20 2/26/14 8:24 PM
Stoney:

Nope I am just one of the sponsors and bringing two cars.

410 Winged Sprint and a 468 Winged Super Modified.

Read the press release Kevin Ruic is the promoter and renting the track from Sandusky.