IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cbaumeyer48 (Offline)
  #11 1/17/14 1:57 PM
Colin....look at it this way, we gave up a night at Bloomington, but gained a night at Tri-state speedway!
3 Likes: cmiracingvids, Copperhead, D.L. 122
Kinser5K (Offline)
  #12 1/19/14 7:54 PM
Raise pitpass price and general admission price but lower the payout....really helping the local racers out.
If there is any logic to this can Bloomington Speedway please post the pay for each position for the features.
Thanks
Jordan Kinser
5 Likes: Chastain75, HurstBros0, midget96, mlamb, SPD 37
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #13 1/19/14 8:01 PM
They could just close.... Boys times are tough.
DAD (Offline)
  #14 1/19/14 8:36 PM
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86:
They could just close.... Boys times are tough.

Andy

AMEN:

Until we get petrol in line with wadges we are just going to have to hang in there. If times were better I bet Bloomington would be glade to have us there.

Whenever a business sells the buyer is challenged with things the former owners did not have to contend with, like loans, improvements, personal changes etc. This means they have have to take a much larger portion of the gross just to open the gates.

Racers need to support them and do everything they can as fans to help them succeed. Most track owners I have known in the past could probably find a much easier way to make money than messing with a race track.

Honest Dad himself
sp6967 (Offline)
  #15 1/19/14 9:53 PM
the ice cream is worth it.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
btownracer (Offline)
  #16 1/19/14 10:20 PM
Since starting at this track I can say that we are not running for much more than since the late 80's. If we raced for the money none of us would do it. The purses have in no way kept up with the costs. We race because we want to. The big problem is the cost's keep rising and we see less. Most teams go week to week off of the purse money won, if that is less you will see teams cut back. My own team is now looking at what schedule will be best for us. The local tracks need to remember we are not USAC teams, we have budgets that have limits. And when you take away we look at the season differently.

Kevin Chambers
4 Likes: Chastain75, kcarm92, spicoli, treecitytornado
PAW (Offline)
  #17 1/24/14 7:54 AM
What about charging for setting on the concrete?Where my buddies and I set in our lawn chairs it's going to cost us $100 to reserve our spots. No more first come and saving spots.

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK