Register! Forgot Password?
reeserx (Offline)
  #11 4/12/13 2:04 PM
I'd like to see the photos just to see them. This sucks :/

Posted via Mobile Device
Shawn Harper (Offline)
  #12 4/12/13 2:49 PM
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear:
The show at Kokomo will not be re-scheduled according to their website.
Read again, it does say they are going to try and reschedule this fall.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 4/12/13 2:52 PM
Originally Posted by Shawn Harper:
Read again, it does say they are going to try and reschedule this fall.
Know your hoping for hopes sake but there are other news sources such as USAC's site

"KOKOMO GRAND PRIX" CANCELLED, FALLS VICTIM TO THE WEATHER!

"KOKOMO GRAND PRIX" CANCELLED, FALLS VICTIM TO THE WEATHER!

Kokomo, IN......This weekend's "Kokomo Grand Prix" has been cancelled. Torrential rains and consequential flooding have conspired to force cancellation of the USAC and Powri Midget, USAC Midwest Ignite and Powri 600cc Outlaw Micro Series "tripleheaders" slated for Saturday and Sunday nights. at the third-mile dirt oval.

The facility has been inundated with water, rendering the buildings, pits and parking not conducive to hosting the event.

"We hate to pull the plug," the race organizer O'Connor family admits, "but we have absolutely no choice under the circumstances. We appreciate the effort extended by USAC, Powri and all other parties in trying to reschedule this event but the 2013 calendars simply do not offer any options, therefore we will direct our efforts toward 2014 to inaugurate this sensational racing concept."

USAC's next National event is the April 20 "Don Branson-Jud Larson Classic" AMSOIL Sprint race at the Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio.

Charles Nungester
Shawn Harper (Offline)
  #14 4/12/13 3:46 PM
That's too bad!!
Melmo (Offline)
  #15 4/12/13 4:21 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, fish
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #16 4/12/13 8:40 PM
Originally Posted by Melmo:
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow. That looks worse than i thought it would.
Claybird33 (Offline)
  #17 4/12/13 9:17 PM
It's bad. I live by Grissom Air Force base (about ten miles north of the track) and my basement has about 6" of water in it. I'm thinking about buying a RC boat so I can see some racing this weekend. The cornfield next to the house put new field tile in last fall and you could water ski in it right now, oh and it's been raining off and on all day.

Posted via Mobile Device

Clay Franklin
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #18 4/12/13 9:31 PM
Originally Posted by Claybird33:
It's bad. I live by Grissom Air Force base (about ten miles north of the track) and my basement has about 6" of water in it. I'm thinking about buying a RC boat so I can see some racing this weekend. The cornfield next to the house put new field tile in last fall and you could water ski in it right now, oh and it's been raining off and on all day.

Posted via Mobile Device
Hopefully you get that basement cleaned up fast. I've been through it and it isn't fun.
slick01 (Offline)
  #19 4/12/13 9:43 PM
We made it from SC to Lexington, KY when we got the news...talk about a long day, got back home an hour ago.
Claybird33 (Offline)
  #20 4/12/13 9:43 PM
Headed to menards in the morning for a better sump pump!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Clay Franklin