IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #11 8/20/12 7:01 AM
Thats it, And Im sure it would be better if he quit racing on his terms than someone telling him he can't. Seen him wheel that two seater starting well behind the tail and by the end of one lap he was about to pass cars.

I also seen during his career that if he or the car wasn't capable of going forward, He'd just leave the track.

Bet he don't finish last.

Charles Nungester
767 (Offline)
  #12 8/20/12 9:10 AM
Guess what, people are now talking about the race. Will he, won't he, who cares. This is a free country. To me Jack getting behind the wheel is no different than a 11 to 13 year old getting in a sprint car for his first race. Nobody whines and cries for days when that happens. Its not like Jack is climbing out of his wheel chair to get into the car...lol I hope he has fun with whatever he decides!
5 Likes: batch56, Jerry Spencer, Koonzee, PIT CART
Dick Mahoney (Offline)
  #13 8/20/12 9:54 AM
Who wants to be the first one to tell Jack he shouldn't or couldn't race NOT ME LOL
10 Likes: 767, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Claybird33, Dannypollock24, GregD, luckybuc97, MWestfallfan54, ThrowbackRacingTeam
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #14 8/20/12 10:50 AM
Hewitt was better with one eye than a lot with two!!!! Best of luck to him. Always liked his interviews when he bad mouthed wings and said he'd rather run non-wing for nickels than with a wing!
3 Likes: luckybuc97, MWestfallfan54, WRP DK
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #15 8/20/12 4:18 PM
Originally Posted by Dick Mahoney:
Who wants to be the first one to tell Jack he shouldn't or couldn't race NOT ME LOL
That is exactly what I was thinking.
John P Huss (Offline)
  #16 8/20/12 4:24 PM
Let's not forget his statement " If you're going to run the bottom you
may as well get a job!". During CRA 1992 midwest swing. Jack was great on cushion. Who can ever forget the 1998 4 Crown!!
Best Regards,
John
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #17 8/20/12 4:27 PM
Maybe they could have Bill Shipman flag the sprints that day.That would make for a perfect day at the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tAJt...re=related:22:
4 Likes: biggen67, Dannypollock24, mowerman, MWestfallfan54
Dick Mahoney (Offline)
  #18 8/20/12 6:10 PM
then we could have another roast
  #19 8/20/12 6:21 PM
To me, I don't think it would add any value to the event, Jack racing at this stage of his life. But, I haven't seen any evidence that he isn't capable of making a rational decision, so if that's what he wants to do, more power to him. He can keep himself out of trouble on a bullring like Waynesfield. Now, if he enters the 4 Crown, I might start to worry a little bit.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #20 8/20/12 6:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
To me, I don't think it would add any value to the event, Jack racing at this stage of his life. But, I haven't seen any evidence that he isn't capable of making a rational decision, so if that's what he wants to do, more power to him. He can keep himself out of trouble on a bullring like Waynesfield. Now, if he enters the 4 Crown, I might start to worry a little bit.

Jerry
Id worry about the competition

Charles Nungester