IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
woodrow (Offline)
  #11 4/13/12 4:09 PM
your right I should be happy, but with all the stupid shows on tv not worth watching, this should be a 7 week series starting on Monday with hot laps and lots of driver interviews
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #12 4/13/12 4:25 PM
Originally Posted by woodrow:
your right I should be happy, but with all the stupid shows on tv not worth watching, this should be a 7 week series starting on Monday with hot laps and lots of driver interviews
That would be great, though I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. LOL

I am quite interested in how they produced this coverage. Did they go for the human interest side, and spend a lot of time on the Donnie Ray Crawford backstory? Did they try to educate the first time viewer of midget racing regarding what a midget racecar even is?

While those of us on this board might wish to see more coverage of the prelims, that might just confuse the first time viewer. It's probably best to just show the A-Main.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
Jonr (Offline)
  #13 4/13/12 4:38 PM
I am amazed about the attitudes of some people about dirt track racing on TV. IF dirt track racing was profitable to put on TV, all of the channels would be doing it. TV is all about making money. For all of the stupid shows that are on TV, they are profitable to put on TV. They are either cheap to produce or have a large audience or probably both. Unfortunately, this is not the case for dirt track racing.

It will be interesting to watch the broadcast on Saturday. Did CBS sell a lot of adds to a lot of different people, or did Lucas Oil (or something similiar) purchase the entire hour.
4 Likes: IndyBound, rachasin, Rick Eaton, SPRINTCAR
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #14 4/14/12 9:28 AM
I'm not seeing it on my program guide in Cincy. Still looking, any help from Cincy viewers?
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #15 4/14/12 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
I'm not seeing it on my program guide in Cincy. Still looking, any help from Cincy viewers?
Shows up as "auto racing" on my program guide (Time Warner).

I guess if we can't race in the rain I'll sit inside and watch racing on TV.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #16 4/14/12 10:59 AM
Wish I could watch. That is when I am leaving for Lawrenceburg.
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #17 4/14/12 11:27 AM
Would anyone be kind enough to record the show onto DVD for a couple of UK Race fans. Please.

UK USAC fan.
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #18 4/14/12 12:09 PM
Local CBS station is featuring a 24-hour hospital telethon. Wonderful.
richie (Offline)
  #19 4/14/12 2:09 PM
It's on now, on CBS!
terrehautian (Offline)
  #20 4/14/12 2:14 PM
Cool, they are showing the B main and the A main.