IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #11 5/23/08 9:40 AM
If they can draw a crowd like they had last night on a Thursday, can you imagine what they might get on a weekend. I am sure a lot of people could not go because of work or school committments.

Maybe other promoters might want to look at one class when USAC comes to town.
Seadog (Offline)
  #12 5/23/08 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Dyno Don:
If they can draw a crowd like they had last night on a Thursday, can you imagine what they might get on a weekend. I am sure a lot of people could not go because of work or school committments.

Maybe other promoters might want to look at one class when USAC comes to town.
:applaud::thumb:applaud:
wingsareforcheaters (Offline)
  #13 5/23/08 10:33 AM
I do not remember the action track in it glory days, but last night was fantastic. It is great to have people in charge that care about the fans and the racers. I think the racing was better than what I have seen on my last several trips to Eldora. I can't wait for ISW, I only wish The Action Track was on the schedule. (Even if it was not part of ISW, I wonder what teams would be up for having an MSCS or unsanctioned race on Wednesay before the KAMP race. Maybe another local business who sees what great things are going on at the track would want to get involved and sponsor a race.)
Russell Ficklin (Offline)
  #14 5/23/08 10:43 AM
Last night at Terre Haute was about as good as it gets...with the cars in the infield it brought back a lot of memories of when I used to watch Branson and Larson and all the rest of my heroes in the pits...tks a million for bringing it back...thank you DHK and thank you
Bubby for giving us a fantastic racing track...I hope Mr Miller was there to see what a great job was done by all...sometimes you have to take a step back in order to go forward...I think THAT and DHK did exactly that and it has worked very well!...just hoping that the weather gives a break tonight for the Hoosier 100>
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #15 5/23/08 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Russell Ficklin:
just hoping that the weather gives a break tonight for the Hoosier 100>
Not looking very good at this point. Hopefully it isn't a wash out like last year.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
RACEADDICT
  #16 5/23/08 12:20 PM
:applaud::kookoo:applaud: I for one felt like a kid again last night walking into the grand stands. It really hit me that I was walking were my grandfather Don Branson and AJ may have stood and told stories, or were Hutibise and Mario got a sandwich. I could not be happier that my buddy called me at noon yesterday and talked me into skipping out of work to go. A+ to the entire DHK staff.

What about the racing last night!!!!! Holy cow. I cant believe no one has mentioned Claytons run from the back of the B for the last transfer. My buddy said to me right then we could leave and the trip would have been worth it just seeing that. Great job Levi and very happy to see Brad come back to the front, who knows if he had not lost a cylinder those last 4 or 5 laps he may have just won the whole thing.
Finner18 (Offline)
  #17 5/23/08 12:39 PM
Two words
AWE SOME
Thanks to all that made it happen
:applaud:
Go Fast (Offline)
  #18 5/23/08 1:20 PM
I like the pits in the infield, but DANG my feet hurt this morning from all the walking to Load/Unload. Guess they wouldn't hurt so bad if the majority of the load I was packing wasn't around my midsection.

Great Job bringing life back to THAT.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
Wolfe-e (Offline)
  #19 5/23/08 1:24 PM
Thanks Gang, Glad you liked it........Don;t know any Bubby but if that makes ya happy, good deal I guess..... The Show was Great and the Tracks getten there,,,,,,,need a couple of more shows to tune things in...... Sorry about the extra time to run things in.......The last water call was not mine........All in all a pretty good night......till next time........wanna race.........Wolfe-e
Pushtruck (Offline)
  #20 5/23/08 1:34 PM
Originally Posted by Russell Ficklin:
Last night at Terre Haute was about as good as it gets...with the cars in the infield it brought back a lot of memories of when I used to watch Branson and Larson and all the rest of my heroes in the pits...tks a million for bringing it back...thank you DHK and thank you
Bubby for giving us a fantastic racing track...I hope Mr Miller was there to see what a great job was done by all...sometimes you have to take a step back in order to go forward...I think THAT and DHK did exactly that and it has worked very well!...just hoping that the weather gives a break tonight for the Hoosier 100>

THAT is being prepped by Chris Novotny (Challenge5) and Tim Wolfe (Wolfe-e), both IOW members. How about a big "Thank You" for these two guys for putting in countless hours bringing the old girl back to life with two great races this month. The Don Smith Classic (MSCS) race was great and the Tony Hulman Classic (USAC) race was another great one. These guys just keep getting better and better. :thumb