IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #11 8/29/11 9:00 AM
Hey John,

Welcome to the world of IOW. The best place on the internet to discuss racing. Bill has made this a wonderful experience for so many of us. I hope you enjoy it half as much as I do.

With that being said, I think you will find this topic very interesting. Fans are very vocal about their favorite track and numerous arguments have played out here. I would encourage you to take in all of the tracks no matter what anyone else would say or comment. See for yourself first hand what so many passionate fans believe is the best track in Indiana.

Myself, the best race track is the one that I am sitting at watching the show that night. I love them ALL no matter if it is an instant classic or just a plain old short track show. Life is good when you are at the races.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, FishBurger, I Miss Manzy, jim goerge, mowerman, PAW, racegal, SCOTT M
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #12 8/29/11 9:25 AM
I haven't been to all the Indiana tracks, but I have been to Lawrenceburg, Terre Haute, Haubstadt, Bloomington, Kokomo, Lincoln Park and Paragon. I have enjoyed them all and feel very fortunate to have the choices we have. Growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area, we had two dirt tracks with 30 minutes of my house: San Jose Speedway and Baylands. Both are now gone. If you live in the Bay Area now and want to watch dirt track racing, you have to go over the hills and into the central valley to get your fix. With all that being said, Haubstadt is the closest of the Indiana tracks to where I live and the racing is great, so it is probably my favorite.
davidm (Offline)
  #13 8/29/11 9:28 AM
I really like Kokomo and Bloomington and Lincoln Park and Paragon and Terre Haute and Lawrenceberg......OK I'll admit it I've yet to visit a track in Indiana that I've not liked very much!
2 Likes: mowerman, Mud Packer
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #14 8/29/11 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Hey John,

Welcome to the world of IOW. The best place on the internet to discuss racing. Bill has made this a wonderful experience for so many of us. I hope you enjoy it half as much as I do.
Only half? I couldn't resist.

lovindirt
  #15 8/29/11 11:10 AM
Have not been to Hab. yet nor to Bloom. but as of rite now I'm hooked on Lawrenceburg, have to say I miss Kamp though.
Jeff
racerdog45
  #16 8/29/11 11:56 AM
The best thing about Indiana is we have so many tracks offering so many different types of racing and experiences. You can go well beyond the dirt bullrings and non wing sprint cars every weekend. There are many pavement tracks also that offer good racing on a weekly basis. Plus many tracks that offer up open wheel cars for special events like Salem, Winchester, Anderson etc. If you want wild action check out a big figure 8 race at the Speedrome. Want super high speeds with lots power check then out the US Nationals at IRP this weekend. Want big events look no farther than IMS..... For the ultimate in non wing dirt sprints we have the **** of speed and thrills known as Indiana Sprint Week(often imitated, never duplicated). Sprints, late models, mods, midgets, dirt champ on and on the list goes, if it races then chances are somehwere, sometime it WILL race in Indiana. We are really lucky to have so much so close to us, all you have to do is look around.
3 Likes: jim goerge, mowerman, Mud Packer
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #17 8/29/11 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by johnreuterracing:
With so many options, it must be hard to make choices each weekend!
Posted via Mobile Device
Brother, that is the understatement of the year.

I live less than a 3 hour drive from all the tracks mentioned here and love them all.

Granted, they all have similarities, but to the discerning observer, they all have their individual quirks, both positive and negative that make it easy to appreciate all they do.

I'd add that we are also fortunate here because Indiana tracks are owned, managed, and promoted by a good group of promoters.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
6 Likes: bigq11, FishBurger, jim goerge, mowerman, Mud Packer, racephoto1
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #18 8/29/11 1:19 PM
Can it be that nobody here ever hits an asphalt track. I'm from Michigan and and there are some darn good pavement venues (Dixie, Kalamazoo, Berlin. Auto City, Spartan anf Flat Rock). If I'm in Indiana I make a point of hitting IRP. Wingless midgets and sprints are just plain awesome.
Eatin Dirt (Offline)
  #19 8/29/11 1:50 PM
I live 10 minutes from the Burg, depending on traffic, and love going there. However at the beginning of the season I usually go through all of the schedules and pick out the races I want to see at each track. We are so blessed to live in the Hot Bed of sprint car racing. By the way, this Friday is Gas City to see who wants the added $1000.00.
Rogue-9 (Offline)
  #20 8/29/11 3:01 PM
I moved to Indiana last November. I've been to all six weekly sprint tracks, and when I was new here, I was sooo excited to go to Kokomo for the first time, and it did not dissapoint. But I have to say, I like Lincoln Park better. At Lincoln Park this year, I've seen Darland win from 14th, with an awesome battle with Shane Cottle for the win, a last corner pass by Darland over Windom, and an 18th to 2nd run by darland in a B-Main.
Here would be my order:
1. Lincoln Park Speedway
2. Kokomo Speedway
3. Lawrenceburg Speedway
4. Bloomington Spreedway
5. Paragon Speedway
6. Gas City I-69 Speedway