IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
skids59 (Offline)
  #11 6/4/11 11:45 AM
Motorboyz, you're 100% correct as per e-mail from Kenny Brown. It would be an added expense to those not running MSD ignition systems and there are teams out there still running magnetos. Kudos for this decision.jmo.

Jeff Skidmore
billw (Offline)
  #12 6/4/11 11:53 AM
some ardc teams that as of last night are heading out: 52 tim buckwalter 78 nick wean are racing gc put btown and 54 billy pauch jr 0 steve buckwalter are planning all races and the 33 of ryan smith will make a descision after port royal tonight
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound, TNRustler
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #13 6/4/11 1:39 PM
Originally Posted by billw:
some ardc teams that as of last night are heading out: 52 tim buckwalter 78 nick wean are racing gc put btown and 54 billy pauch jr 0 steve buckwalter are planning all races and the 33 of ryan smith will make a descision after port royal tonight
Thanks for the information. Good to see a number of ARDC teams coming out. Thanks to JG Motorsports for their info also.

Frank Daigh
duel (Offline)
  #14 6/4/11 3:43 PM
I thought the rev limiters were supposed to be a step in making the engines last longer and the competition more equal. looking at the usac rev limiter rules they being usac say they will help the team as much as they can in getting them compliant at the track. didn't look like it would be a big expense but i'm sure someone will set me straight on that. still looks like usac should have a good bunch of cars for IMW.
billw (Offline)
  #15 6/4/11 5:04 PM
also can add the 49 of trevor kobylartz
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound, TNRustler
petey (Offline)
  #16 6/5/11 7:27 PM
Originally Posted by mortboyz:
Along those lines.....does anyone know if Dave Darland has a ride for Midget Week???
Hope somebody steps up and puts Dave in a car. I know that Bacon had been running a car for Wilke but he'll be running the ASCS races at Eagle Raceway next weekend. Would be cool to see Dave in that car or the 4x he's run at The Bowl.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #17 6/6/11 2:58 PM
Looks like we have two excellent drivers without rides; TMez and Dave. Surely someone has a car for them. We all know they will put on a great show.

Frank Daigh
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #18 6/6/11 3:09 PM
I too hope those guys get rides, but I wonder might Jon Stanbrough find something to drive? I'm pretty sure he's ran IMW before.

Really, the more guys pulling "double duty", the merrier. IMHO
MWestfallfan54 (Offline)
  #19 6/6/11 3:56 PM
14 - Matt Westfall
Fred Zirzow (Offline)
  #20 6/6/11 11:11 PM
Midget Week
My guess on who is running

1st Shane Cottle??
2r Levi Roberts
3 Darren Hagen
3nz Jerry Coons Jr