IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
PittDude (Offline)
  #11 12/10/10 1:33 PM
I've been watching some ASCS races on the Versus Channel. But for Barrett I don't mind watching it live or a replay in Feb
Posted via Mobile Device
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #12 12/10/10 1:45 PM
I agree with just about everything said so far,and here's something to keep in mind.Speed is owned by Newscorp (AKA Fox). If you are at all familiar with the level of programming on any of their other outlets,the mediocrity of what's available on Speed comes as no surprise. I do enjoy the motorsport coverage that's on VERSUS,with the Indy Cars,anchored by the legendary Bob Jenkins,coverage of the NASCAR Modifieds (I know,but it's what I grew up with!)and selected other events like the Short Track Nat's. For me,the best part of having cable TV,is that after going through 230 channels,you can turn to the other person in the room and say," it,there's nothing on."
8 Likes: AustinSprinter, BrentTFunk, IndyBound, jim goerge, Mud Packer, skids59, speed bump, Speedwrench
Hot Rod K. (Offline)
  #13 12/10/10 2:03 PM
After reading a couple if interviews conducted w/ Speed's head honcho, I realize they are never going to embrace open wheel short track racing as an option for regular programming. During the interviews, the genteman could only give excuses as to why it couldn't be done. That's why now, with all the specialization in programming, would be a great time for a Short Track channel.
2 Likes: skids59, speed bump
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #14 12/10/10 8:53 PM
Originally Posted by I Miss Manzy:
I agree with just about everything said so far,and here's something to keep in mind.Speed is owned by Newscorp (AKA Fox). If you are at all familiar with the level of programming on any of their other outlets,the mediocrity of what's available on Speed comes as no surprise. I do enjoy the motorsport coverage that's on VERSUS,with the Indy Cars,anchored by the legendary Bob Jenkins,coverage of the NASCAR Modifieds (I know,but it's what I grew up with!)and selected other events like the Short Track Nat's. For me,the best part of having cable TV,is that after going through 230 channels,you can turn to the other person in the room and say," it,there's nothing on."
Couldn't have said it better. Typical Fox, boogity, boogity, boogity.
AB195
  #15 12/10/10 10:11 PM
How many "pinks" show can you watch?
And how many over-priced classic cars at auctions are there?
badgerfan (Offline)
  #16 12/10/10 10:16 PM
They are actually running some country music awards right now on prime time Friday night. Amazing. Be interesting to find out what they think their demographics are.
ronmil (Offline)
  #17 12/10/10 11:07 PM
I used to really look forward to the Barret-Jackson auctions, but they've run it into the ground. The Mecum auctions on HD Theater channel are much more entertaining and the average person can relate to them more so than the B-J auctions.

Ron Miller
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #18 12/10/10 11:37 PM
When I turn on my TV I check Speed hoping something good is on, then go to VS. Then I'll go to the guide to see whats on. Did that tonight & some country awards show is on. If you have FB page put on it what you believe Speed Channel is like I did. Maybe some schmuck from the organization will see it & do something. So sick of auctions, dangerous drives ooooh, & intersections?? Whats that all about, get back to real Speed shows. Bowling & fishing shows are more fun to watch than this crap.
2 Likes: jim goerge, skids59
TQ29m (Online)
  #19 12/11/10 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54:
When I turn on my TV I check Speed hoping something good is on, then go to VS. Then I'll go to the guide to see whats on. Did that tonight & some country awards show is on. If you have FB page put on it what you believe Speed Channel is like I did. Maybe some schmuck from the organization will see it & do something. So sick of auctions, dangerous drives ooooh, & intersections?? Whats that all about, get back to real Speed shows. Bowling & fishing shows are more fun to watch than this crap.
I have to agree, it does have some programs that aren't showing racing, I happen to like some of the shows, that I couldn't see otherwise, and some of them have been listed in this thread as some of you guys don't like, but if you'll watch, and listen, you might pick up something that can save you money, make a job easier, or just maybe, save your life. I just watched a show called Gearz, lots of good info there, if you're interested in tools to build things with, and where to buy them. There also was a very serious warning on there this morning, that could save your life, if you are into building your own stuff, using a welder. I've been welding for over 60 years, and no one ever told me this fact, and you can google "Phosgene gas", it was one of the gasses, used by our enemies in WWI, and WWII, and there is no antidote, I learned about it during my time in the Service, but never knew you could make it at home, accidently. It seems that some of the ingredients used in some parts cleaners, aka, Brake cleaners, and some others list in the articles you'll find, when you Google Phosgene gas. I know it was a wake up call for me, because I've been known to use these cleaners, when tig welding, needless to say, luckily I didn't inhale any, or I wouldn't be passing on this warning, and am still able to build stuff, it isn't limited to tig, you can create it using arc, and gas. Take the time to look it up, might add years to your life. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
robert gatten (Offline)
  #20 12/11/10 3:44 PM
to get speed channel you have to buy the upgrade. Thats why i had the upgrade for years but last month i said enough and cancelled the Dish up grade as a protest and let them know it. If everyone said the heck with it threw the cable providers then maybe they would get the message. Only thing i miss is Wind Tunnel but you can get that on the net.