IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TeamCGR (Offline)
  #11 7/31/10 12:35 PM
Having raced all over the Country and seeing many, many tracks; NONE of the Tracks in Indiana have to hang their heads for anyone. The Northeast, where we are from have some work to do. We are fans of the Indy Tracks.

With that said, some of the nicest Facilities and Tracks outside on Indiana where we have competed? Dirt Track at Lowes in NC; Virginia Motor Speedway (The Dirt one); Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO. Devil's Bowl, Dallas, TX. Of course those tracks are owned by Guys with more $$ than all of us combined but they do invest it in nice Facilities.

Pete G..
njtraveler (Offline)
  #12 7/31/10 12:40 PM
Grandview,New Egypt,WilliamsGrove.
EKracing (Offline)
  #13 7/31/10 12:59 PM
I would have to say ventura raceway. The setting is amazing, only about 100 yards from the pacific ocean. Always put on a good competitve 360 show weekly.
Posted via Mobile Device
bobrainey (Offline)
  #14 7/31/10 1:31 PM
Lawrenceburg is the best in the last 3 years- used to be Eldora back in the day. Attica is great too for wings.
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #15 7/31/10 1:57 PM
Haubstadt has been my home track for 50 years so I have no complaints there. Kokomo really racy. Always enjoy the Devil's Bowl in Mesquite and Calistoga's setting is absolutely beautiful. L' Burg always has a good show when I'm there. Bloomington is fine but a T. Helfrich "tractor show" at intermission could really help make the racing better sometimes. I don't feel Bloomington reaches it's full potential racing wise as often as it should. The surface reminds me of Salem after a few heats too often. I do enjoy going there. Tom
buck2 (Offline)
  #16 7/31/10 2:22 PM
Little Belleville
DruLay20 (Offline)
  #17 7/31/10 2:51 PM
Ventura is the best race track.
Naylor has had USAC Thunder TV all sprints & midgets + VRA now.
But it's not about the racing but the setting on the ocean.
The fairgrounds, little track in a great place.
Plus the train that goes thru there.
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #18 7/31/10 3:38 PM
Whatever track I happen to be at watching sprint cars is the best track, except Jacksonville. Knoxville obviously is a nice facility, and I like Haubstadt and I55 Speedway in Pevely, Mo. I would love to see USAC sprints at Pevely.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #19 7/31/10 4:55 PM
Somewhere between Gas City and Evansville. The two I really liked are gone, Reading and Manzy. So instead of writing about it, get in your car and go to your favorite track, because one day it may be gone too!
Russ (Offline)
  #20 7/31/10 5:40 PM
Gas City and Fremont (Ohio) are my two favorite.