IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtywhiteboy
  #11 11/23/09 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
There is no more room for anymore new sprint car series. You have USAC, MSCS, ASCT, KISS, ALL STARS, AND WoO ALL going for races at Midwest tracks.
Yes indeed and out of all those, only MSCS has a race in Illinois west of Interstate 57 (Jacksonville) and after they were treated like they were by the West's who know's they may not be back. You forgot MASS which did hold one race at Spoonriver.

Lincoln, Farmer City, Knoxville, Spoon River, LaSalle-Peru, are all good tracks. Shame no one races at these.
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #12 11/23/09 2:55 PM
Sounds like way too many series coming up....why dont a series try running during the week...no wing all they way
oppweld (Offline)
  #13 11/23/09 7:46 PM
Don't forget Quincy and Peoria
onthegas7j (Offline)
  #14 11/23/09 9:05 PM
Farmer City is a great track.... After the SCORA show at Charleston last year, there is interest, people like the sprints, I'm tryin to get Mike to talk to the guys from POWERI for a show... And well like i said there is an interest at Charleston in doing more open wheel stuff... Shane Cottle won a modified track championship there first part of the decade drivin for Larry Johns in the 30 car... Sorry just takin a short trip down memory lane lol... But anywho, i really hope that Charleston can get some more open wheel dates... I really think the midget guys would have a blast at Ctown...
dirtywhiteboy
  #15 11/23/09 9:15 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
Don't forget Quincy and Peoria
Quincy could host a race.

It will be a cold day in Peoria (same as Hell really) before you see a sprint car race back in Peoria. It would be great but that track is a 100% fender track.
Tripp22 (Offline)
  #16 11/24/09 6:36 PM
At lease give it some input. The payout is looking descent. I’m sure the WOO and USAC won’t have a problem keeping their teams from jumping ship.
dirtywhiteboy
  #17 11/24/09 7:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tripp22:
At lease give it some input. The payout is looking descent. I’m sure the WOO and USAC won’t have a problem keeping their teams from jumping ship.
USAC and WoO are having trouble keeping thier teams from selling their equipment and giving up racing, much less worrying about jumping ship.
JOHN REMINGTON
  #18 11/25/09 12:58 AM
ASCS Sprint Bandits, 410's Coming 2010 for Speed Week Series!
onthegas7j (Offline)
  #19 11/25/09 2:29 AM
get ahold of Mike Cobble at Charleston Speedway, I'm sure he'd look into the idea.... i can get his number and stuff if you need it
live4racing
  #20 11/27/09 7:52 PM
We're leaning towards a Wing Sprint Car Series(16-18 races) based in Illinois & Indiana area. How many cars would you expect to follow the series with $2500 to win, $250 to start and a $10,000 to win point fund? We put on the Illinois Sprint Week last year w/ non-wing but most promoters I've talked to this year are wanting wing shows. How many guys will add wings and run if this series goes? Any questions or comments call 217-737-7134 Thanks, Don