IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Harry Jones 14
  #11 11/10/09 3:03 PM
jt looked at this long and hard, he wanted to make everyone as even as possible. He has had lots of phone calls I hear that said he had make the right choice on the weight and tires rule. there will always be someone that don't agree but, you can't please everyone there will always be someone that wants to ***** about anything that wouldn't be in thats person best intrest. Keep up the good work JT you are on the right track. and you will have a great 2010 season.
HoosierDirt (Offline)
  #12 11/10/09 3:39 PM
dont feel bad a stock 1200 or 1100 on gas or alcohol has to weigh 1040 so if this is a 1200 class why are they penalized the most for when its a 1200 class ..thats crazy ..should just change it to a 1000cc class

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

a 1200 on Lawrenceburg track will go threw alot of fuel when you add the weight factor to it you will have to weigh around 1100 pounds to start the race to make the weight if your lucky and dont have tons of cautions
garry47 (Offline)
  #13 11/10/09 4:28 PM
i dont care what the weight is, but a 70 pound difference is way to much especially when methanol is not that big of an advantage over gas.
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #14 11/10/09 4:46 PM
Just noticed that the Midwest Mini Sprints also posted there 2010 rules also not much different, but a lil tighter... Looks like 2011 will be even better.-Andy

midwestminisprints.com
1200sprinter
  #15 11/10/09 5:33 PM
again I have to ask what do you mean by way too much.................if you mean you are losing the advantage of spending money on an alcohol system because of the weight penalty then its your choice to make!

A 150lb driver in a bailey with a gsxr1000 on gas will be tough to beat total weight probably close to the 900lbs rule and be totally competitive at the least cost
A 200lb driver no matter what will be around 950lbs and will either run alky and add 20lbs to the 970 weight or try and shave off as much as poss run gas and be around 930 ish...................
A 250lbs driver will be close to 1000lbs and do what ever he can to make more hp...............

What the rules do is discourage dad from spending 6 or 7 grand on a motor burning alki tuned up fit to burst and whipping the opposition every week because if hes smart he will realize he doesnt NEED TO!!!!!

that is until I show up over there with my bored ported polished stroked j&e 'd blackbird firebreather! ..........ah the good old days!!!
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #16 11/10/09 6:27 PM
I like the tire rule but would have appreciated a couple of races to use up the softer Hoosier tires I have in my trailer. Not sure what I am going to do with those now. Did the MMSA implement a spec tire?

Anyone want to buy a tire groover?

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
Smitty (Offline)
  #17 11/10/09 6:52 PM
The MMSA does not have a tire rule for 2010 and does not show one for 2011 either. Also they are holding their car and driver weight at 900 lbs for gas or alcohol.
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #18 11/10/09 6:54 PM
Originally Posted by Smitty:
The MMSA does not have a tire rule for 2010 and does not show one for 2011 either. Also they are holding their car and driver weight at 900 lbs for gas or alcohol.
The MMSA is eliminating alcohol in 2011 correct?

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
garry47 (Offline)
  #19 11/10/09 7:06 PM
yes they did

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Originally Posted by 1200sprinter:
again I have to ask what do you mean by way too much.................if you mean you are losing the advantage of spending money on an alcohol system because of the weight penalty then its your choice to make!

A 150lb driver in a bailey with a gsxr1000 on gas will be tough to beat total weight probably close to the 900lbs rule and be totally competitive at the least cost
A 200lb driver no matter what will be around 950lbs and will either run alky and add 20lbs to the 970 weight or try and shave off as much as poss run gas and be around 930 ish...................
A 250lbs driver will be close to 1000lbs and do what ever he can to make more hp...............

What the rules do is discourage dad from spending 6 or 7 grand on a motor burning alki tuned up fit to burst and whipping the opposition every week because if hes smart he will realize he doesnt NEED TO!!!!!

that is until I show up over there with my bored ported polished stroked j&e 'd blackbird firebreather! ..........ah the good old days!!!
well i bought my motor and it already had an alcohol conversion, for one its safer. so dont be saying my dad spends 6 or 7 grand on it. they dont cost that much anyway.
and i weigh maybe 910 lbs roughly as is, where am i going to add 60 pounds? if some light weight driver whos car is on gas can only weigh 900 pounds, how is that fair when i have to weigh 970 because of something that really isnt a huge advantage at all?
1200sprinter
  #20 11/10/09 7:18 PM
weigh maybe 910 lbs roughly as is, where am i going to add 60 pounds? if some light weight driver whos car is on gas can only weigh 900 pounds, how is that fair when i have to weigh 970 because of something that really isnt a huge advantage at all?

If it isint that much advantage sell the alcohol conversion to the mmsa boys make yourself some money and lose 10lbs off the car shouldnt be too difficult